• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele DMR trigger?

Crashnrondo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2003
Neenah, Wisconsin
For guys running these triggers are you adjusting out the over travel? The instructions say to leave as much as possible and I did I'm just not sure if I like it or if it helps like they say.

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Geissele DMR trigger?

I have a Match trigger and played with all adjustments to see what I could get out of the Geissele.

I am not one to fool around with triggers, but the Geissele is so easy to adjust, it was fun to play with.

I spent a couple of evening in front of the TV playing with the lower.
Making adjustments and pulling the trigger.

NOTE: I put my left hand on top of the receiver to catch the hammer. Put your hand directly on top of the hammer and do not allow it to gain speed, that little hammer will hurt your hand if your no carefull

To answer your question, most shooter will not play with the reset because of the rifle doubling shots.
It is a possibility, that is why I spent a few night tuning and learning about the trigger.

Trigger discipline is what's needed if you decide to have a short reset.
If you have the habit of removing your finger off the trigger on every shot, you will have problems with the rifle doubling and on your groups.

Shooting a short reset trigger is simple.
Pull the trigger and when the hammer drops, keep your finger on the trigger concentrating on follow through.
When your sights get back on target, release the trigger till you feel and hear the reset, no more.

This way, you will reduce movement of the rifle while the shot is being fired, and pay attention to your follow through.
It's also very fast to re-engage your target, since your finger has very little travel to fire again.

Make sure you supervise anyone shooting your rifle.
Most shooters will not know how to use a short reset trigger.
Watching shooters using a semi, it looks like they learn to shoot on an AUG or P90 where if you fully depress the trigger , the gun will go full auto.

I did no modification to the first stage, meaning no modification of the spring.
I don't mind having 2 # on the first stage because it's only on the first shot that I will feel it.

Having 2# on the first stage allows me to go very light on the second without compromising safety.

I have a geissele in my AR with heavy springs, My son picked it up and pulled the trigger and sure enough the hammer got him

I didn't adjust the over travel at all. No need to really.

I did play around with the first stage/second stage pull weights though... a lot. haha.