• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Shipping-Really?

Burdy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2013
    Screenshot 2023-12-23 114706.png

I just ordered the same stuff from Midway, at lower prices and with $5 shipping.

Reactions: wade2big
    I ain't saying it's right, but, that is far better than us here trying to get anything shipped into Canada. ITARd laws are communist, especially considering all the materiel that the US gov't GAVE to the terrorists.

But I'm not bitter.....
    Back in the 70s, my dad sold some motorcycle parts to a guy in Canada. They guy had him put 'gun parts' on the customs docs so he wouldn't have to pay duties/taxes.

How times have changed...

Reactions: Keith E.
    I had this happen with EuroOptic. The cost of shipping was almost equal to what I was buying. I called them and they waived shipping. Might be worth a try with Geissele
    Trivia.

who knows the correct pronunciation of Geissele?

I was talking with them the other day and asked, so I got it straight form the horse's something or other.

everyone needs to make a profit to stay in business
    but fuck anyone that gouges the shipping to ridiculous levels
    vote with your wallet and buy shit elsewhere, I do

An employee pulls the parts from bins and boxes them up. Then sits down and fills out a shipping label and then enters it into the computer so that you get an email with a tracking number. The employee spent 30 minutes to get your items from the shelf to the shipping station and paperwork completed. Now add in the UPS/FedEx/USPS fee.
    I just sent a 4" cube box to Montana with the USPS and they charged me almost $13.
    Their shipping charge sounds reasonable.
    You should have spent more to get free shipping.

An employee pulls the parts from bins and boxes them up. Then sits down and fills out a shipping label and then enters it into the computer so that you get an email with a tracking number. The employee spent 30 minutes to get your items from the shelf to the shipping station and paperwork completed. Now add in the UPS/FedEx/USPS fee.
    I just sent a 4" cube box to Montana with the USPS and they charged me almost $13.
    Their shipping charge sounds reasonable.
    You should have spent more to get free shipping.
    Yeah, ok. This morning I boxed up 6 boxes to take to UPS. Took me probably 30 minutes total for all 6 boxes. The largest box was a LPVO, a red dot and a mount and I shipped it to from Ga to Texas for $10 via USPS.
    If you think 50% the cost of your purchase for shipping something something that would fit in a tiny zip lock bag is reasonable, well then, you and I can't "reason."

Last edited:
    Reactions: 47chevycoe
    Yeah, ok. This morning I boxed up 6 boxes to take to UPS. Took me probably 30 minutes total for all 6 boxes. The largest box was a LPVO, a red dot and a mount and I shipped it to from Ga to Texas for $10 via USPS.
    If you think 50% the cost of your purchase for shipping something something that would fit in a tiny zip lock bag is reasonable, well then, you can I can't "reason."
    Looks like you found a niche in the shipping business. You should hang out a shingle and start one. Then you could find out how much the box cost, the packing materials cost, payroll cost, accounting cost, liability insurance costs, workers comp costs, utilities cost......
    Fuck off with your bullshit.

Looks like you found a niche in the shipping business. You should hang out a shingle and start one. Then you could find out how much the box cost, the packing materials cost, payroll cost, accounting cost, liability insurance costs, workers comp costs, utilities cost......
    Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
    Such a polite fellow.

Ever heard of a USPS small priority box. As much as you can stuff in it for $10.20

Most of these shipping prices are from some sort of automated system. Most likely a glitch or oversight. So your options are:

1. Stop acting like a bitch and running to post every little thing than upsets your sensitive little ass.
    2. Order from any of the hundreds of retailers who sell the same shit with cheaper shipping.
    3. Call Bill and ask them to correct the shipping oversight
    4. Start your own international shipping company and own the market with your cheaper prices.
    5. Read #1 again.

For what it’s worth, went to Geissele online store seen they have a free shipping after $200. purchase
    -tigger
    -magazine
    -hanky
    -push button mount
    $206.- -
    @ the checkout you are not permitted to proceed until you make an account, no guest checkout.

I ain't saying it's right, but, that is far better than us here trying to get anything shipped into Canada. ITARd laws are communist, especially considering all the materiel that the US gov't GAVE to the terrorists.

But I'm not bitter.....
    All you have to do is ask the seller to apply for an export license.

I tried to order some trigger spring kits from Geissele and the only shipping option was UPS, which is obnoxious since I'm in Alaska. They would have fit in a padded envelope or small priority box. I called them and was told if it is above a certain dollar amount (something like $75) the shipping defaults to UPS. The customer service guy said there was nothing he could do.

If you call, you may get a different response.

Most of these shipping prices are from some sort of automated system. Most likely a glitch or oversight. So your options are:

1. Stop acting like a bitch and running to post every little thing than upsets your sensitive little ass.
    2. Order from any of the hundreds of retailers who sell the same shit with cheaper shipping.
    3. Call Bill and ask them to correct the shipping oversight
    4. Start your own international shipping company and own the market with your cheaper prices.
    5. Read #1 again.
    1.) I posted a photo, nothing more, in the appropriate "Bear Pit" forum, judging by your reaction, you are the sensitive one here. But most already know that.
    2.) I already posted that I did that, make sure to read
    3.) See #2
    4.) This was not international, read #2 again
    5.) Read #1 again

Buying direct from a manufacture is the last thing you should do unless it's a blemished or some other unique sale. They are going to be full msrp plus shipping rates that aren't a bargain.

They have hundreds of retailers who would not bother carrying their shit and taking on the financial risk when someone could buy it direct cheaper than they can sell based on wholesale.
    MSRP vs street price.

This shit is commerce 101 and some of you act like you just discovered fire.

If your going to be dumb and ignorant than you pay the price of being dumb and ignorant.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    1.) I posted a photo, nothing more, in the appropriate "Bear Pit" forum, judging by your reaction, you are the sensitive one here. But most already know that.
    2.) I already posted that I did that, make sure to read
    3.) See #2
    4.) This was not international, read #2 again
    5.) Read #1 again
    Did mommy take you off the tit to early?

If you have to ask these dumb fucking questions and do not understand why, you should really be looking inward. It's like holding a sign that says my IQ is lower than 70.

I ordered 3x times from them this year. All shipped 4 days or less. If you had doubled your order, the shipping woula been free and it would have cost you not much more. Or like me you realize I should bought something else from them too. After you order

Last edited:
    Reactions: Maggot
    Did mommy take you off the tit to early?

If you have to ask these dumb fucking questions and do not understand why, you should really be looking inward. It's like holding a sign that says my IQ is lower than 70.
    What question did I ask?

I ordered 3x times from them this year. All shipped 4 days or less. If you had doubled your order, the shipping woula been free and it would have cost you not much more. Or like me you realize I should bought something else from them too. After you order
    It's almost like a manufacture who is focued on wholesaling and gov contracts wants to dissuade people from wasting their labor shipping out small packages for peanuts.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Precision Firearms sent me an email a while back. I had them build my 6.5 Grendel. They were having an ammo sale. I was gonna grab about a 100 rounds to try in the Grendel. Got to the shipping part on checkout and it was $65. Aaahhh Hard pass on that one.

Hayden.

Such a polite fellow.

Ever heard of a USPS small priority box. As much as you can stuff in it for $10.20

And if the package gets lost, well guess what, it's all on you.

So that's NOT a great choice for anything you don't wish to eat the cost on when the pissy "customer" doesn't get their shiny thing right away and jumps right to threatening and bitching and whining on the interwebs...

Shipping expensive items is what I do every day for a living.

And if the package gets lost, well guess what, it's all on you.

So that's NOT a great choice for anything you don't wish to eat the cost on when the pissy "customer" doesn't get their shiny thing right away and jumps right to threatening and bitching and whining on the interwebs...

Shipping expensive items is what I do every day for a living.
    NO argument, but we were talking price, not reliability of the shipper.

I ship, or used to ship, lots of high dollar audio equipment. I always use Fed Up or Oops. Usually theyre cheaper, expecially if you use Shippo or similar. And they have more accurate tracking. and I always take photos of every thing before and during packing. And I always over insure for at least the amount of the shipping because they will eventually reimburse you for the item but not the shipping.

Precision Firearms sent me an email a while back. I had them build my 6.5 Grendel. They were having an ammo sale. I was gonna grab about a 100 rounds to try in the Grendel. Got to the shipping part on checkout and it was $65. Aaahhh Hard pass on that one.

Hayden.
    Ive seen the same on Ammoseek. I usually look for free shipping for over $200.

If you expected anything even remotely resembling a reasonable price from Geissele (jizz smell ?) you looked in the wrong place.

I've gotten very good (any way under MSRP) pricing from Aero Precision, Elftmann, Magpull, Weaver, and quite a few others in the past.
    Not one of them charged shipping either.

The only thing I'll pay shipping on is ammo or reloading supplies, because it's understandable.
    If it's a few tiny things that will easily fit into a padded envelope, I would not question, I would KNOW about that companies priorities.

Primary Arms has the Maritime bolt catch for $16, and the Ambi safety for $33.

Last edited:
    The only time I order directly from them is during big discounts. Got a MK 7 national match rail for my service rifle for only $250. 🙂