• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele SSP?

Gasgun

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
Anyone have any time behind the Geissele SSP yet?
Contemplating switching out the Hi-Speed DMR in my MWS for one.
I’d really like a trigger pull like a crisp single stage bolt gun trigger, but I’m not sure even Geissele could pull that off.

I’ve got a S3G in an SBR, and it’s great for that application, but not what I want for a more precision oriented rig.

Must be too new to have any feedback yet.

Guess I’ll be the Guinea Pig. Just ordered one from Brownells.

I’ve got a Hi-Speed, an SSA-E and a S3G to compare it to.

I’ll report back once I get it in and a few rounds down range with it.

Man I wish I hadn't bought that Geissele trigger, it sucks.

Said no one ever.

That's probably going to be the next one I get to put in my Recce rifle that I use for 2 gun matches and such.

I have more than 10k rounds on the first SSP ever produced. It is a great trigger for action shooting. For general/Precision use I prefer the SSF/SSA-E.

Okay, here's the skinny. I started a thread on here too. I got one and was like "WTF?" when it came --looks JUST LIKE a 3G trigger. NOT like what Brownell's has pictured, just a heads up! Pictured is your average single stage and that's not how it's made. Haven't really shot it though, I pre-ordered it before the divorce and it finally came a month or so ago. I installed it in an SBR lower I want to register (when my ex is off my trust).

So the only difference between the 3G and the SSP is that the 3G "bumps" the hammer on release (similar to a typical 2 stage) but the SSP doesn't. It's a crisp, clean let off. If you aren't a trigger snob, and I mean a big one (and if you don't own a 3G) you're not gonna be able to tell the difference.

If you are, and if you've ever tried to use the 3G from a bench with a loose grip (a habit I developed as an SDM; either lock it up tight or let it float, depending) you'll know how easy it is to make a 3G double or bump fire. Which makes sense now that I know exactly how it works and is probably what makes it such a great 3G trigger.

The SSP doesn't do this, the disconnector doesn't touch the hammer at all during release. So not sure if it'll affect bump firing with loose grips or whatever. But that is the difference, I called Geissele to ask when it came and didn't look like what I ordered and this is what we talked about.

The flat bow also has a lot to offer with 3G and SSP triggers too, if you like Geisseles but don't have a flat bow you should try one.

Received my SSP from Brownell’s a couple of weeks ago.
Installed it in my MWS and found that it would not reset.
Contacted Geissele CS, who were responsive and quite helpful.
The upshot is, the trigger is not compatible with the MWS.

Really disappointing, as the gun has had a SSA-E and a Hi-Speed in it that have functioned perfectly.

It’s going back to Brownell’s and the Hi-Speed is going back in.

Received my SSP from Brownell’s a couple of weeks ago.
Installed it in my MWS and found that it would not reset.
Contacted Geissele CS, who were responsive and quite helpful.
The upshot is, the trigger is not compatible with the MWS.

Really disappointing, as the gun has had a SSA-E and a Hi-Speed in it that have functioned perfectly.

It’s going back to Brownell’s and the Hi-Speed is going back in.

Was that on a 5.56 or .308 MWS ? I have installed a number of different Geissele triggers on the LMT 308 without problems. I have not put the SSP in, however.

Shot one on my buddies AR last weekend. Its crisp, but I'm sticking w 2-stage. I run 2-stage on my bolt guns and Ar so it only makes sense..

Shot one on my buddies AR last weekend. Its crisp, but I'm sticking w 2-stage. I run 2-stage on my bolt guns and Ar so it only makes sense..

Again, depends on what you are gonna use it for. SSP or 3G will not feel like a 2 stage trigger. They go best on more rapid fire rifles, SBR's and the like with dots and reflex sights. They have their place.

I like the cheaper Brownell's "rapid fire" trigger for use in rack grade M4's. I got a few when they went on sale earlier last year and swapped out the basic single stages with those. Much nicer than stock triggers and for the cost it couldn't be beat.

So as a trigger snob I have use for different Geissele triggers on different rifles, just depends. They're all great for their respective use.

Reactions: BCX
I also have a 3G. Its fun to have 4 different Geissele triggers in different rifles to compare side by side. They are all good,!!

Reactions: longshot2000
im debating between a SD3G and an SSP for a MINI Recce build (10.5) with a 1-8 ATACR and an offset RMR. Will be using this rifle for 2 gun competition and duty training. What are your thoughts?

SD3G is a rolling break. SSP is a single stage. The SD3G is kinda weird for precision shooting. Very fast for up close. They can have a tendency to double when you pin the trigger to the rear. No fault of the trigger, rather their position/shooter etc. You mentioned your use was a semi precision recce type gun with a 1-8 LPVO. The two stage triggers are fine for close shots but give a solid improvement in performance at longer range shooting. YMMV. Some people are very successful with the rolling breaks for precision. Up to you.