• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700 Trigger opinions

mongoosesnipe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2019
i have not gotten to handle one of the Geissele Super 700 Triggers but have other geissele triggers and really like them in ARs and wouldn't mind a nice 2 stage in my bolt guns

The only thing I can add, if you want a sub 12 oz 2nd stage break, look else where. The 2 I have are set at 1-1.25lb 1st stage and about .75-1lb 2nd stage. Total weight of just under 2lbs. I'm ok with that, and 2nd stage wall is very noticeable and easy to pull up to.

Great trigger that is predictable and very adjustable to find a setup that works great for a broad range of shooters. Also the ability to adjust between single stage and two stage is very nice. Both feel great and it’s easily on par with my Huber.

I have one on my TacOps delta 51 and can't say enough good about it. Mine is set at 2.5 lbs and I find it to be excellent for my purposes. There is no noticeable creep of over travel.

Reactions: Zack_va248
Ive got 3 now, on an impact, origin, and badger 2008. All were bought from different time frames and all feel identical. I hate to say it, but my origin bolt lift and close feel as good, or better, than my impact. I couldn't say that when it had a tt or timney on it.

If you’ve ever played with a SSA-E then the Super 700 will be very familiar to you and have the same overall feel. I would give the Super 700 the edge as the 1st stage take up is smoother and the 2nd stage break is cleaner.

I can confirm all the above posts as well. I've been running one in a bolt gun for the past year and don't want anything else now. Feel is very similar to my sd-e, but a bit cleaner, which is nice for consistency purposes.

Id actually say its closer to a nicely tuned hi speed match trigger. 2nd stage pull weight and break are very similar, 1st stage weight on hsm trigger is a little heavier than super 700.
20200520_142707.jpg

Hsm in this mk12 mod0
20200430_120737.jpg
20200619_190920.jpg
20200607_194248.jpg

All 3 bolt guns have super 700 triggers, all different time frame manufactured, and they all feel really close considering they're on 3 different actions

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
I really want an adjustable 2 stage 700 trigger.

I have the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match in my 300blk and MPX 9mm

To put it in perspective: The adjustable pull weights for that trigger.

MATCH RIFLE: 1.5 - 2.5 lbs.6.0 - 14 oz.1.9 - 3.4 lbs

And I have them both set for about as light and short as i possibly can. I love them.

Just worried that the G-700 isn't going to meet my expectations of 2nd stage break...

Where can you find these? I’d like to try one and they are out of stock everywhere

As others have stated the Geissele 700 trigger is great and quite similar to the SSA-E. I've fired several thousands with mine since getting it in March '19 and although it's not an Anschutz-5098 it's still quite nice!

I really want an adjustable 2 stage 700 trigger.

I have the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match in my 300blk and MPX 9mm

To put it in perspective: The adjustable pull weights for that trigger.

MATCH RIFLE: 1.5 - 2.5 lbs.6.0 - 14 oz.1.9 - 3.4 lbs

And I have them both set for about as light and short as i possibly can. I love them.

Just worried that the G-700 isn't going to meet my expectations of 2nd stage break...

Out of the box the Geissele 700 is set at a total of 2.5lbs: 1.75lbs & 12oz. You can tweak it a little and get the overall weight down some and the second stage to about ~10oz. In my experience the first stage travel is a bit more than my SSA-E's. The 2nd stage has a very pronounced wall with a clean break and adjustable overtravel. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Instructions previously posted here for reference: