• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Gemtech HVT-QD

ksss

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2004
Idaho
We ordered four of these with the Jake brake quick detach system and they finally hit the ground. We have shot two of these. One was on a 20" FN SPR A1A and the other, my rifle, a Rem. 700 with a Lilja 20" fluted barrel.

We shot about 100 rounds a piece of Gold Dot 168 gn ammo at 100 yds. We are seeing in both guns about a 3 drop in elevation when going from unsuppressed to suppressed. There did not seem to be any windage deviation. Both rifles shot nearly identical groups. Three inches at 100 seems to be quite a bit. We are waiting for our shipment of GMM to arrive, perhaps that will shoot different, but I kinda doubt. We did not see any less accuracy whether or not we were running suppressed, however Gold Dot is hardly the bench mark of repeatable accuracy.

The QD worked well, the cans seem well made. I am curious if anyone else finds 3" of drop excessive and any thoughts on what accounts for that much drop.

A lot of your drop is because you are adding 28 ounces to the end if your barrel. It affects the harmonics. I run the quicksand and I get about 3/4" shift straight down with the can on my Rem 700, but it is Ti and weighs in at 17.5 ounces.

As long as the shift is consistent and it continues to group well you should be good.

I have the Sandstorm model. It shoots about 1" low at 100 yards. I haven't noticed any difference in my groups with/without the can.