• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gemtech one quickmount alternative?

Nightforce123

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Does anyone make an alternative mounting system for the gemtech one? Looking for a taper mount adapter. I love the suppressor, but hate it’s mounting system when it’s not direct threaded. I want to move it from guns that are 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 quick without having to change the thread adapter. Something Like a plan a or plan b?

I would contact GSL in Jackson Michigan...the owner was president of Gemtec and holds all the patents. They are great to work with. If anyone can help you out GSL will have the information.

Reactions: Nightforce123
Here is the contact Info:

GSL Technology, Inc.
5800 Enterprise Drive
Jackson, Michigan 49201
Phone: (517) 780-9090
Fax: (517) 780-9595
Email: [email protected]

Reactions: Nightforce123
I reached out to GSL because I'm in the same boat, they were unable to help but did point me in the direction of a machinist and gunsmith. I'm gonna see if a custom ASR mount could be made or an adapter to fit the supressor.

provide a followup when you receive it! I've been thinking about it, but I'm hesitant due to the added length and adding an extra interface. glad I could help!
Will do! I’ll be adding a griffin taper mount adapter to it. It does kinda suck that I’m adding two more things that could come loose but if I like it I might have someone weld the hub to the gemtech.

By any chance has anyone measured the thread size for the Gemtech One bravo adapter? I'm wondering if this would work on my Gemtech Shield which has 1.416" threads for the bi-lug cap, and the ID of the can itself is 1.386" threads. TPI is 28 (I know newer Gemtech One is supposed to be 24 tpi) Ecco makes a 24 TPI version, haven't heard back from them on the size of the Gemtech One adapter. I was hoping someone here bought it and could measure it.

It sounds like my Gemtech Shield uses the same threading as the older Gemtech One, so I ordered the Ecco Cherry Bomb / Plan B adapter for the Gemtech One (1.422"-28). Should only had about 1/8" length to the Shield and adds maybe 0.5 oz extra weight total.

It sounds like my Gemtech Shield uses the same threading as the older Gemtech One, so I ordered the Ecco Cherry Bomb / Plan B adapter for the Gemtech One (1.422"-28). Should only had about 1/8" length to the Shield and adds maybe 0.5 oz extra weight total.
I ended up getting one of these, too. Best thing I ever did for my suppressor. No more carbon lock issues, and it mounts up solid. With that being said, I have a couple of quickmount 1/2x28 flash hiders that I will let go pretty cheap if anyone wants them.

Reactions: metroplex
I ended up getting one of these, too. Best thing I ever did for my suppressor. No more carbon lock issues, and it mounts up solid. With that being said, I have a couple of quickmount 1/2x28 flash hiders that I will let go pretty cheap if anyone wants them.
I forgot to post an update. The 28 TPI ecco adapter fit the Shield perfectly. Alignment rod is dead center on the PS90 and other rifles. I agree. Best thing to do for that suppressor. I originally got it for the PS90 to use with the GSL bilug adapter but GSL can't build a concentric adapter to save their life and stopped responding to my emails as well as complaints from others