• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gemtech Quicksand end cap strikes, advise please ?

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I bought a TBAC and Quicksand at the same time. The TBAC is been great. The quicksand has worked just fine but it sits a little off center. On two different occasions on two different guns I got an end cap strike with two different mounts. The first was a Rem 5R , so I thought the threading might not be perfect. But I moved it to the Custom Krieger and got the same thing. If you look down the bore you can see its slightly off.

All ammo is sub moa 208 amax bullets with H1000 and Norma Brass. The end cap strike is so minor it only throws the shot about 12-16 inches at 100 yards.

The can is in good shape but Im concerned Ill blow it up?

Sounds like you are shooting 300WM thru it? If the alignment is an issue and you knowingly fired a round thru it that is on you. You should always check alignment prior to shooting thru a new can. Either the can was made incorrect or your mount system is out of spec.
I would contact Gemtech and ask them how they would like to handle it.

The Quicksand is not rated for 300 win mag.. Is that what you are shooting threw it?? The Sandstorm used to be but as of this year they changed it to only 7.62..

If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..
Check it out!!

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..
NFA THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!

I talked to Gemtech before getting the can, and they said its rated for 300WM. Maybe they have backed down, but that was always the intended use. It worked fine and the can is still fine, just off center. Im going to send it back in, the CS is excellent.

Yeah I have a Sandstorm and they used to be advertised for 308, 30-06, and 300 WM, but now it's only 308.

Gemtech told us at the 2013 SHOT Show that they would not warranty a Sandstorm that had 300WM thru it. I would always read the fine print guys, sometimes their sales team does not repeat what the engineers come up with. That was a reason we did not purchase any.