• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen 1 or Gen Tac latch for AR10

Re: Gen 1 or Gen Tac latch for AR10

get the ambi that fulton sells...

AmbiCharger300x109.jpg

The Ambi is a nice setup. I am running a Badger Ord ambi CH on my 3-gun AR that works very well. It is truly ambidextrous and allows easy manipulation of the CH with your right or left hand depending on your shooting position/hand, etc.

I have Gasbuster CHs on all my AR-10 type rifles (except my POF) because of the increased blowback I get when shooting them suppressed. The PRI handles have a couple different latches available including their standard big latch (aka - Military latch) as well as the newer serrated "combat" latch. They work very well, but I like the profile and serrations on the combat latch a little better. I will likely switch out all my gasbuster latches to the combat lacth at some point when I get around to it (not a big priority by any means).

If your decision is just between the two different Badger latches, then it is up to you as a matter of personal preference. I will tell you that depending on the environment you are using the rifle in, the Gen 1 latch can get caught/snagged on stuff given its considerably larger profile handle. The slimmer/narrower profile of the Gen 2, which is very much like PRI's combat latch, works very well without being too cumbersome.

I don't like the way the gen2 Badger latch feels when you pull back on it, it kind of angles towards the back of the rifle.

The PRI latch is angled further forward, and I like it a lot better. Get the serrated "combat latch" version, it's the best.

I had the ambi style latch on my MK 11 and I broke right off. I now have the PRI style latch or whole charging handle on all of my ARs, and I really dig them, not to cumbersome, they don't get snagged on gear, and they are just the right size with a scope. The new smaller tac latch from Badger is also a good option.

have you taken a look at Bravo/Vltor's Gunfighter?
I am retiring all my Badger equiped CHs

I switched to Bravo Company's Gunfighter latch on my M4's after seeing a few run at a Pat Rogers course. They have been solid so far. I plan to install the 308 version in my AR10 when I am home on leave.

+1 on the BCM Gunfighter latch. Very smooth operation.

If I already didn't have PRI weenie latches on all my AR's I would buy those in a heartbeat. The PRI's do the job and are better than the B.O latches IMO.