• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen 3 Razor vs Mark 5

I mean they’re using the same ones you can buy. Are their’s double spot checked by 3 different people before it leaves? Sure probably. Last thing you want is a sponsored guy with a scope that doesn’t track or the glass isn’t up to standard. But I’ve seen it happen too lol kinda funny when it does.
Yeah im sure i was just curious as its amazing the money a company will spend on a pro for an advantage, i was going to do the Mexican 1000 and ultimately Baja before blowing my knees out, for probably 20 years now Honda has dominated with the CRF 450X which is a trail bike so bought the last 17 model in the country for $5500, and the factory bike is all stock components with a cam change and some tweaks which are around $500 in parts, then I contacted some former riders and while yes virtually stock the prep raises the price tag to over 40k. Stock suspension yes, nut $6000 for custom valving. Stock motor but blueprinted, balanced ported etc. so another 5k there all the way to a xraying the frames so what happened to the stock bike, and dont forget the 20man support team and son. So thsts why i asked. Thought maybe it was a gutted scope chassis filled with exotic stuff what do you have for rifles and optics

I own both and echoing what everyone else has said, the gen III razor is leaps and bounds ahead of the mk5. I picked up a mk5 for a hunting rifle because I couldn't justify the weight difference, and it does just fine, but when I get back behind my gen III it's a huge difference

Reactions: Paradox
Razor Gen3 is a better scope than the Mark 5 from what I have seen, unless you need lighter weight.

The more proper comparison is probably the Razor Gen3 vs ATACR 7-35x. I have not had them side-by-side yet. I recall @Covertnoob5 was planning to do that. I have been busy, so I am not sure if he has.

ILya

Razor Gen3 is a better scope than the Mark 5 from what I have seen, unless you need lighter weight.

The more proper comparison is probably the Razor Gen3 vs ATACR 7-35x. I have not had them side-by-side yet. I recall @Covertnoob5 was planning to do that. I have been busy, so I am not sure if he has.

ILya
I would love to hear noobs thoughts on the Gen 3 6-36 and ATACR 7-35 (y)

I would love to hear noobs thoughts on the Gen 3 6-36 and ATACR 7-35 (y)
Yup! Had them side by side along with other.
2F09C7AA-CC09-4551-9AB4-A437A89F6E6D.jpeg

ETA: I’m using the razor 3 next weekend for the NRL finale then I’ll be putting together the review. First I’ll do the individual razor 3 review followed by a review of all the optics I had.

Yup! Had them side by side along with other. View attachment 7849060

ETA: I’m using the razor 3 next weekend for the NRL finale then I’ll be putting together the review. First I’ll do the individual razor 3 review followed by a review of all the optics I had.
Brilliant. I also like your MDF/Picatinny platform, that is clever (y)

i was just seeking a reason i can only assume those that run capped windage rely soley on the reticle to compensate after the initial zeroing at setup. That said i know its top notch stuff just wondered why they’re the only two olayers doing it with know ability to explain why. They did send me a buch of photos of the uncapped look complete with measurements if cap thickness etc. that said i just thought it should be an option when buying a component that gererslly can be 2x the price of the gun.

Wind is always changing. I may vary it shot to shot so it's always dial elevation, hold wind.

If you're never going to be timed it doesn't really matter. If you have a couple minutes to get 10 rounds down range it's 1 less thing to mess with while the timer is going.

If I was using a razor it would be zero'd and locked. Still wouldn't ever dial it.

Reactions: Paradox
Wind is always changing. I may vary it shot to shot so it's always dial elevation, hold wind.

If you're never going to be timed it doesn't really matter. If you have a couple minutes to get 10 rounds down range it's 1 less thing to mess with while the timer is going.

If I was using a razor it would be zero'd and locked. Still wouldn't ever dial it.

FWIW, most of the top prs guys are dialing most of their wind.

You can still compensate for wind changes with wind dialed in.

It works the exact same way as holding with wind dialed to zero.

Wind is always changing yes. Here's my take on it. My eyes, and prob most shooters, gravitate to the center of a reticle. If i dial my initial wind hold, a miss should be no more than 0.4mil correction, hopefully less. It's much easier for me to see precise misses/impacts near center of reticle, va being 1.4 mil out on L r R side of main stadia. I've notice I observe much better splash on hit/miss and make much more accurate corrections if needed by dialing the first call. I don't dial a correction, unless its in a movement and I'm making a dial anyways. If originally dialed 1.2 mil first target, and it required 1.4, in movement to next position I'm dialing to 0.7mil, I'll adjust to 0.8 due to previous target if in relative same wind vectors.

Besides the fact it was never mentioned by the OP (neither was ATACR or ZCO) but I’m always curious why SB scopes are rarely mentioned in these “best” scope debates. Is it because they are usually high above the given price points? Is the quality going down? Not comparable? I’m just curious what the thought process is here and why.

Besides the fact it was never mentioned by the OP (neither was ATACR or ZCO) but I’m always curious why SB scopes are rarely mentioned in these “best” scope debates. Is it because they are usually high above the given price points? Is the quality going down? Not comparable? I’m just curious what the thought process is here and why.
Well.......the 525 pmii was a pinnacle of alpha glass, released close to 2 decades ago. They never reloaded minus reticle changes and now in '22 they finally come with a new 6-36. They fell behind, in Europe its primarily them vs kahles. Much more competition here in the US.

Well.......the 525 pmii was a pinnacle of alpha glass, released close to 2 decades ago. They never reloaded minus reticle changes and now in '22 they finally come with a new 6-36. They fell behind, in Europe its primarily them vs kahles. Much more competition here in the US.

Right. So In todays market.. is it just not necessary to fork out the amount of coin to buy an SB? Obviously I know you get what you pay for and it is in-fact an SB… but beside the “want” to own one… is it silly/unpractical to spend that much money for one when an “equally” capable scope exists? Or does the Pmii still sit in a class of it’s own in all of the ways?

(Sorry for the thread jack)

No worries I already decided on the g3 razor, now I just need someone to buy my sig in the ox so I can order it

Reactions: Stoweit
Right. So In todays market.. is it just not necessary to fork out the amount of coin to buy an SB? Obviously I know you get what you pay for and it is in-fact an SB… but beside the “want” to own one… is it silly/unpractical to spend that much money for one when an “equally” capable scope exists? Or does the Pmii still sit in a class of it’s own in all of the ways?

(Sorry for the thread jack)
I think in the end its name recognition ones you're over $3000, NX8, Mark 5 HD, those two go back and forth for eternity, Now lets throw a $6000 March 60x or a High end Steiner, I'd be willing to bet any big money name would perform damn close with a pro looking through he glass. Now what about a GIII Vortex Razor HD. any of these are good choices , and out of them all the biggest thing that will come up is that the NF is a tank and I've heard more stories of guys dropping them and hey seemingly survive better than most. it's all nothing more than personal preference when the price tag gets high enough.