• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Gen4 Glock back from Smyrna

dpairborneranger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
KY
I had one of the earlier Gen4s that were part of the "voluntary recall". It didn't jam at first but soon afterwards it was failing to feed every other shot. I sent it to them to go through the whole thing. I get it back with an invoice that says "worn parts replace, parts upgraded". It pisses me off they didn't say specifically what was changed but it works fine now. I had already tried the replacement RSA but it didn't help. Just glad to have it back working

Re: Gen4 Glock back from Smyrna

I just picked up G34 Gen4 a couple weeks ago. I've not has a chance to shoot it yet but keeping my fingers crossed.

I've been a Glock guy for alot of yrs,hate Gen-4 guns

Iv bought 2 Glocks that where Gen3 since the Gen4 has been out. "If something aint broke, dont fix it"

Glock made it right and stood behind there product, I fail to understand the problem.

The problem is more of a piece of mind type of thing where we have a gun that has proven itself through the years and survived many torture tests which most everyone is happy with and comforted with as far as functionality thats going up against the "new" design that has no history.

They changed all their models to fix a problem of basically just one model. Gen1-3 used the same spring for all models. It was perfect for 9mm, 40, so on, however when the police had added lights on the rail on the Model 22(only model I know of having spring/cycling problems gen1-3)the foward weight made the Gun FTE/Stovepipe....This was because the weight reduced muzzle flip paired with the spring made for faster 9mm so it didn't cycle the slide far enough. Hence the new dual rated spring for light or non-light mounted weapons. That is the main diff, but they changed some other parts such as slide to accomodate the new spring which changed their whole Proven Design. I love the Gen 2 and 3 especially 1, just the 1 doesn't have a rail. They make triggerguard adapters for lights and laser or rails for them to get aorund that issue too though! Wish they could fix this new design to be as dependable as previous versions!

427Cobra, I agree, glad they stood behind their product, Just the Gen 4 has issues that I'm sure they are already working on a Gen 5 to fix to solve these issues.

Well I went out and bought a G23 Gen4 and have put 500 rounds through it without a problem. Just out of curiousity I called Glock and they said it didn't need the new RSA. Well so far I've had zero problems with it.