• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns gen5 glock 34 trijicon SRO?

47guy

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
anyone running a SRO on a glock 34 MOS? any issues? ive read a few ppl having issues with the SRO being to close to the ejection port and causing jams...any other know issues? my vortex venom when down today(7500-8000ish rounds)and looking to upgrade.

anyone running a SRO on a glock 34 MOS? any issues? ive read a few ppl having issues with the SRO being to close to the ejection port and causing jams...any other know issues? my vortex venom when down today(7500-8000ish rounds)and looking to upgrade.

Tons of people in USPSA use that combinations to compete in the Carry Optics division. The SRO is the most common optic in USPSA Carry Optics and the Glock 34 is I think the third most popular handgun.

Never heard of anyone having problems. If, in the unlikely case that you do, a change in recoil spring rate will change the ejection pattern.

As a matter of fact, when I ran a P-09 in carry optics the front of the SRO was right at the rear edge of the ejection port. Other than a little bit of soot on the front of the lens after a couple of hundred rounds, I never had an issue. Certainly no malfunctions caused by spent casings hitting the sight.

P-09 carry optics 1.5MB.jpg

I haven’t used a SRO but I very much prefer a DeltaPoint Pro over a RMR.

Reactions: 47guy
I haven’t used a SRO but I very much prefer a DeltaPoint Pro over a RMR.

i run the DPP on my STI...a couple of things i dont like...where the brightness button is and how it adjusts...love the sight but may replace it after i check out the SRO ill have to shoot the SRO a bit and see how i like it.

i run the DPP on my STI...a couple of things i dont like...where the brightness button is and how it adjusts...love the sight but may replace it after i check out the SRO ill have to shoot the SRO a bit and see how i like it.

The SRO is awesome.

it looks pretty badass...im pretty new to the pistol optics...started with the venom which i liked ok then got the DDP cant wait to try the SRO the sight picture looks huge!!

I went from an RMR to an SRO. Talk about easier........

Now, do not make the mistake many new users make. Do NOT try to see the world through the optic itself. It's like looking at the world through a pipe no matter how big the optic.

Look past the optic, with 1000% target focus. The optic's frame will blur and your weak eye will superimpose the dot on the target seen by your strong eye.

Make sure your index out of the holster brings the optic up to your face and keep your head/face upright. Ditch the tactical turtle/head down/shoulders scrunched posture if that's what you do.

Reactions: 47guy
are there 2 models? i see them from $590ish up to $750ish

never mind i got it...3 models only difference is the dot size.

308 is spot on. shot open sights from my early IPSC days in the late 70s. Just made the switch to optics 2 years ago, once I got past riding the dot and focusing on the target, my times for stages decreased with no loss of accuracy. And the SRO, for me, is heads and tails above any other optic I've shot.

308 is spot on. shot open sights from my early IPSC days in the late 70s. Just made the switch to optics 2 years ago, once I got past riding the dot and focusing on the target, my times for stages decreased with no loss of accuracy. And the SRO, for me, is heads and tails above any other optic I've shot.

The other issue new shooters struggle with is trying to let the dot settle too much because they're freaked out by all the sight movement that they can see now. That sight movement was there before they put a dot on their pistol, it just wasn't so damned obvious.

Shooters new to red dots need to live fire enough to start learning what an acceptable amount of dot movement looks like for a particular target size, distance, and splits. In many occasions (hoser targets for instance) the dot will never be anywhere near still and will look like a red streak running up and down a portion of the A zone as you break two shots. This is the only way that you can hope to shoot splits in the low 2s and faster.

I went from an RMR to an SRO. Talk about easier........

Now, do not make the mistake many new users make. Do NOT try to see the world through the optic itself. It's like looking at the world through a pipe no matter how big the optic.

Look past the optic, with 1000% target focus. The optic's frame will blur and your weak eye will superimpose the dot on the target seen by your strong eye.

Make sure your index out of the holster brings the optic up to your face and keep your head/face upright. Ditch the tactical turtle/head down/shoulders scrunched posture if that's what you do.

goddamn it i do/did have tactical turtle syndrome!! thanks for pointing this out...good thing im pretty new to actually getting into and practicing for shooting any kinda pistol matches because i was able to stop the tactical turtle stance yesterday in about a 100 rounds just need to focus when i practice on not doing it.

so i went to my local GS and looked at the SROs...they didnt not have a 2.5...the 2.5s are hard...if not impossible to find right now...i looked through the 1moa and that thing is tiny for my blind ass so i went with the 5moa its a little big for small group shooting off a bench but finding and follow ups are super easy/fast.

only problem is i went in to look and MAYBE buy one and some how walked out with 2 and damn near paid list price....which i really dont mind as ive been going in this store since i was about 8-10yrs old...i just didnt want any late night gun fights in the safe because one was warring a better optic than the other...you know how that jealousy shit goes LOL!!

i went with the 5moa its a little big for small group shooting off a bench

No, the 5 MOA is not too big for shooting tiny ass groups. That's another common misconception: that you can't shoot groups smaller than the dot's size. It comes from not knowing how to use a dot.

Put up a target that's bigger than the dot (like a B8), center the dot on it every single time, and break a good shot. Your groups will be as small as they would be with a 1 MOA dot

A 5 MOA dot is 1.308" in diameter at 25 yards. That's pretty damned small.

No, the 5 MOA is not too big for shooting tiny ass groups. That's another common misconception: that you can't shoot groups smaller than the dot's size. It comes from not knowing how to use a dot.

Put up a target that's bigger than the dot (like a B8), center the dot on it every single time, and break a good shot. Your groups will be as small as they would be with a 1 MOA dot

A 5 MOA dot is 1.308" in diameter at 25 yards. That's pretty damned small.

Turning the brightness down makes the dot look smaller as well.
I’m happy with it and glad a went with the 5moa.

Reactions: 308pirate
Turning the brightness down makes the dot look smaller as well.
I’m happy with it and glad a went with the 5moa.
You were damn lucky to get one.
Just try to find a 5moa SRO today. It's damn near impossible.