• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos George showing some GAP love........

Re: George showing some GAP love........

Kinda hard to not be a little jealous of that setup, but I'm trying. Congratulations on the brand new, new chit. It's O.G. triple O.G.

Gonna go slit my wrist and cry of jealousy......bastard Joe lol

How much for the dog? Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much for the dog? Lol... </div></div>

I've been trying to buy that dog for like a year.....

That my man is gas gun greatness.....aint gonna beat that combo!

That's just wrong, TD.
grin.gif

Man, they look nice. At first I noticed the rails were POF, then I saw the entire thing is a POF. What's the arrangement there? I'm not as familiar with GAP.

They do look nice, for sure.

Built at G.A Precision. Uses POF uppers, rails and carriers. Gas instead of piston, different barrel/chamber dimensions. Bartlein instead of Rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now to glass those fuckers... damn </div></div>

Countersnipers.....nothing but the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Built at G.A Precision. Uses POF uppers, rails and carriers. Gas instead of piston, different barrel/chamber dimensions. Bartlein instead of Rock. </div></div>
What's the train of thought, for my personal education?

Direct Gas is by default more accurate then gas piston.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big_Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Direct Gas is by default more accurate then gas piston. </div></div>
By default, huh? OK. Maybe that's the case. Is there an observed percentage of accuracy improvement?

I could understand that type of modification for bench rest shooting competition to see who could print the smaller group on paper at shorter ranges. But with an existing .5 MOA rifle that has had the engineering put into it to improve the reliability to the degree POF has, going back to a far dirtier, hotter, chamber doesn't jive for real-world, or tactical application. I say that after seeing how many shooters can't accurately follow each buffet of wind call for each shot, seeing the shots moved feet either direction by the wind. It's not an easy skill to master, and is definitely perishable.

So with accuracy already down to .5 MOA, the wind calling ability is the far greater factor than greater accuracy of the rifle, itself.

I'm not trying to be critical of this particular rifle. It does look very nice. I'm just trying to understand why they did what they did to that system.

When we torture test the POF's along side other DI systems, the POF's keep running long after the DI rifles gum up and fail. So it seems to me this modification would be appropriate only for an experimental application where the sacrifice in reliability advancement is worth the negligible gain in rifle accuracy. I assume I'm probably missing something, or these guys wouldn't have spent so much money and effort making these mods. But that's why I ask.

Ask not, learn not.

saw you are correct that piston is cleaner, i have ran 10" DI guns supressed for THOUSANDS of rounds with only wiping the bolt and carrier down with a rag between days. there are plenty of guys like larry vickers, pat rogers, and other who have had DI guns as demo guns in their courses that they never cleaned and have ran for upwards of 10k rounds. the ar platform didn't need a overhaul, piston is historically not as accurate due to the mechanical nature of the recoil impulse there is a reason why m1a's cost to much to even get close to as accurate as a DI ar10 off the shelf. same with FAL, AK, etc not as accurate as a DI ar10, yes POF"s put out a solid product and newer piston designs are coming out that are pretty accurate as well but that is not the norm. I was part of the SCAR17 testing and i don't care how many people on here with a scar 17 tell me their guns are amazing and they have shot 10000000000 rounds through it, i've seen more issues with those guns then any AR i've worked with. I have 60 scar17's that we put about 20000 rounds through every month i think i have some room to talk. I want to know what guns you are talking about "gumming up and failing" cuz i have ran my Daniel defense, mk18, mk12, m4, LMT, centurion arms for some heavy ass days and ran them hard and i don't baby em at all and i have yet to have one "gum up and stop" suppressed or not.

Yeeeaaahhhh....that is a pretty awesome set up and I, sir, am extremely jealous!!

Wow. I just figured out what I want for Christmas. Seriously nice job on the toys. Gotta love GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAWMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ask not, learn not. </div></div>

Worth quoting.

Ordered my own GAP AR10 2 wks ago, now I just have to wait another 7 months or so to get it. Luckily I am OCONUS so would have to wait anyway. These pictures only make the wait seem longer.

How much would it take to get that work of art off your hands?

Very hard to beat the GAP.

Makes me regret not jumping on a GAP 10 when I had the chance a few years ago. Beautiful set up!