• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Georgia run-off elections

GoatLD259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2020
United States
Good Morning Hide

I am on a break from deer hunting and I came in to eat breakfast and read the news. And, like I thought it would be the media is portraying everything Biden wants to do as a positive and that we will be back to civil discourse in politics, and that we are a country united, even though he is only at 50% of the popular vote. The media is painting him as a president that will work with both sides of the aisle.

I laughed at this, as I figure most of the people will as well here.

That said, I created this post to see what people plan to do to help in the Georgia senate elections. Both are going to run-off, and if we don't win one, we do not have the majority. I have never given money to a politician, I have given to charities or causes I believe in but not directly to a politician. But this time around, I plan to donate money to Loeffler and Perdue come this January.

What are you going to do? People here complain about "What are you going to do?", "What did you do?", well, this is what I plan to do.

Goat

Last edited:
That bitch loeffler wanted to buy a senate seat, so let her pay for it.

Giving to Perdue, not Loeffler.

How did Ga end up with 2 Senate seats coming open at same time?

Support these red candidates in the runoffs at all costs. I will be donating as well.

By the way, thanks a lot 3rd party candidates, you really screwed the pooch this time.

How did Ga end up with 2 Senate seats coming open at same time?

They ended up like this because under Georgia Law a candidate has to get at least 50% of the vote to win the seat. Perdue is just below 50% so that will have to go for re-election in January. The other race is the same thing. No candidate got 50%.

They ended are like this because under Georgia Law a candidate has to get at least 50% of the vote to win the seat. Perdue is just below 50% so that will have to go for re-election in January. The other race is the same thing. No candidate got 50%.
What a screwing. Had about 12 different people running. Now we gotta do this circus all over again

Reactions: Bender
What a screwing. Had about 12 different people running. Now we gotta do this circus all over again

Yup. Jorgensen I also believe kind of screwed Trump. Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania were really close. The amount of votes Jorgensen received could have put Trump on top, pending that most of those votes went to Trump. But generally, Libertarians do side with the right.

Reactions: FishinGuns
Yup. Jorgensen I also believe kind of screwed Trump. Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania were really close. The amount of votes Jorgensen received could have put Trump on top, pending that most of those votes went to Trump. But generally, Libertarians do side with the right.
Jorgensen screwed trump big time. I mean, jorgensen voters screwed us big time...just look at the numbers

They ended up like this because under Georgia Law a candidate has to get at least 50% of the vote to win the seat. Perdue is just below 50% so that will have to go for re-election in January. The other race is the same thing. No candidate got 50%.
That's not what he's asking. He's asking why both GA senate seats are up for election at the same time. Since they're 6-year terms, it is unusual for both seats in the same state to come up for election at the same time.

That's not what he's asking. He's asking why both GA senate seats are up for election at the same time. Since they're 6-year terms, it is unusual for both seats in the same state to come up for election at the same time.

I am not sure why. I know Loeffler took the seat when she was appointed to it December 2019. The previous senator had resigned. As to why they are both going now, I am not sure.

Goat

GA people - my understanding is you have to request a run off ballot, and first you need to confirm you were not purged from the rolls.

I am not sure why. I know Loeffler took the seat when she was appointed to it December 2019. The previous senator had resigned. As to why they are both going now, I am not sure.

Goat

The special election had to be convened as the appointed Senator is not allowed to finish out the term. In Loefflers case that election was always going to be a runoff of the top two vote getters in the special election. I recall that on the ballot there were 20 choices or so from all parties. Perdue should've won the seat but just enough votes slipped in to get him under 50%.

Goat
Isaacson (sp?) had Parkinsons and had begun to deteriorate. Loeffler was appointed to fill his spot. At the next general election, an appointed senator goes up for election to fill the remainder of the term.

Because she was appointed, her seat had to be run as an open election and against all comers. Since nobody got 50% and she got more than the other R, she is now running against the D. However, This seat is up again in 2 years.

Perdue’s seat is on the regular 6 year cycle IIRC.

sorry just saw the other posts

What are the odds both seats end up R?

Well if yall remember that is how we got Clinton as Pres. Perot got 19%? of the vote which wood hav gon to Bush and gave him a 2nd term. And yes i was wondern how 2 senate seats were up at the same time

GA people - my understanding is you have to request a run off ballot, and first you need to confirm you were not purged from the rolls.

Yes absentee by request or vote in person. Dems are lazy when it comes to in person voting so it looks good for Rep but don’t get complacent.

From your neighbor in Alabama, can I use one of yall's address for an absentee ballot,? Will they accept donations from out of state?
Absolutely will accept donations from out of state. Big money democrats from all over the country spent a ton trying to turn Texas blue this year.

Good Morning Hide

I am on a break from deer hunting and I came in to eat breakfast and read the news. And, like I thought it would be the media is portraying everything Biden wants to do as a positive and that we will be back to civil discourse in politics, and that we are a country united, even though he is only at 50% of the popular vote. The media is painting him as a president that will work with both sides of the aisle.

I laughed at this, as I figure most of the people will as well here.

That said, I created this post to see what people plan to do to help in the Georgia senate elections. Both are going to run-off, and if we don't win one, we do not have the majority. I have never given money to a politician, I have given to charities or causes I believe in but not directly to a politician. But this time around, I plan to donate money to Loeffler and Perdue come this January.

What are you going to do? People here complain about "What are you going to do?", "What did you do?", well, this is what I plan to do.

Goat
i applaud you.

It’s called putting our money where our mouth is.

To the rest,
First, if you didn’t vote, shut it. A no vote is an abdication of your duty as an educated citizen.

Second, you can talk and post til you are blue in the face but you’re not vested until you support a candidate. The truth is that money buys screen time and screen time is what reaches most of the sheep these days. Not the rants and diatribes on here. I got tired of DNC ads running on yout*be while I was trying to fix a vehicle. Pissed me off enough that I called my senator running for re-election and donated.

Lastly, just pick one. Or two or three. And SEND IT! $10, 100 or max it out! But do it.

thanks

Yes absentee by request or vote in person. Dems are lazy when it comes to in person voting so it looks good for Rep but don’t get complacent.
So this mail in will be different than the president election? Why is that?

Well if yall remember that is how we got Clinton as Pres. Perot got 19%? of the vote which wood hav gon to Bush and gave him a 2nd term. And yes i was wondern how 2 senate seats were up at the same time

Wish we had of got Perot......can you imagine the trajectory for good?

The Dems will do everything to try and win this. There are 2 seats and we only need one at this point to secure majority in the Senate. We gotta do our part. I sent $200 this past weekend to Perdue campaign. But, money won't help this alone. GA needs to show up and vote. Hopefully enough of the voters there realize now, or soon that their freedoms, the countries freedoms hang in the ballance with this run off race should Biden/Harris be confirmed.

Why the hate against Kelly? She is a better candidate and more appealing than Collins. In particular, in the suburbs. She is infinitely more conservative than Collins.

Before you roll in here and tell me that Collins is so wonderful, please know he was one of the key Republicans that killed and watered down many pro-gun bills when he was in the General Assembly. He did his dirty work in Committee when most people weren't watching. Then he'd vote for any gun bill that miraculously got out of Committee to keep his NRA A rating. The situation got so bad and unjustifiable that the Speaker shifted jurisdiction of gun bills from Judiciary to Public Safety to get away from him and other suburban compromising Republicans

We have two big problems without solutions here in Georgia. Cobb and the suburbs are flooded with transplanted New Yorkers, Californians, and angry BLM types. They are voting Dem. and motivated by revenge. The second is Womack has packaged himself as Dr. King, including dragging Dr. King's frail sister to committee hearings and other events.

If you are out-of-state and want to contribute, contribute to both Perdue and Kelly. Both are winnable but it will be close. :(

Not to derail the thread.
But if Perot had been elected do you think it would have been different from what we just witnessed for the last four years? Probably no russia russia russia but endless attempted impeachment and zero help from the Republican party.

Wish we had of got Perot......can you imagine the trajectory for good?

Back to the scheduled programming.
Ummm, depending on the repukian party to be a life preserver? Think about that.
Nine, Yes 9, repukicans are on the house intelligence committee. They were in the hearing behind closed doors when clapper, Comey, brennan and several others testified there's nothing between Trump and the Russians.

Go ahead and trust them. They are waiting out the long game also. Your children and their children will be indoctrinated and will walk willing into the train car.

I can't help much except to send money, but if you're a GA resident:
1. Become a poll watcher or poll worker: https://georgiapollworkers.sos.ga.gov/Pages/default.aspx
2. Call / write your county elections board and get on the worker / watcher list.
3. Talk to your GOP committee https://gagop.org/protect-your-vote/ . They can appoint you as a paid poll worker.
4. Follow General Order #1 and quit your shift only when properly relieved. Be prepared with snacks and extra water.
5. Have a cell phone with plenty of recording space and a spare battery. Optics (like small binos) might be in order in case they try and pull that 20 feet away crap.
6. Know how to challenge. When it comes to filling the challenge form out, ensure every box is filled, i's dotted and t's crossed. File a separate challenge if the ballot is not segregated properly.

Head on a swivel, eyes and ears open. You'd be surprised what you hear.

Why does this thread have so little traction? Are we really that stupid to cut our nose off to spite the face because Republicans did not deliver our legislative dreams.

We are two Senate seats away from this country becoming Venezuela 2.0. Even if Trump prevails with legal challenges, he will need a red Senate to get anything done. Rumor is that Bloomturd has pledged up to a Billion for getting his wet dreams become reality and rest assured that Soros will not be outdone. In Schumers words: "Now we take Georgia, then we change the world"

So please shut up with the negative BS and pony up. Donate or volunteer in the campaigns and/or during the voting. I will donate one of my bimonthly paychecks while the race is on. Going to be cheaper than loosing everything I have worked and lived for during the last 30 years.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Dems managed to keep the green party off the ballot in wisconsin. this saved votes for...democrats. surprise, surprise.

Reactions: oneshot86
Too many people looking for the free handouts living in the big city areas who vote democratic will make it swing blue. Sprinkle in fraud and you have it won.
Kiss the Republican Senate seats goodbye.

Reactions: WizManBooks
How's this for "traction"?
The Republican Party is stocked from top to bottom with multi millionaires. They have campaign coffers stuffed with hundreds of millions and the other resources to do what needs to be done. What part of the responsibility are they going to carry?

Why does this thread have so little traction? Are we really that stupid to cut our nose off to spite the face because Republicans did not deliver our legislative dreams.

We are two Senate seats away from this country becoming Venezuela 2.0. Even if Trump prevails with legal challenges, he will need a red Senate to get anything done. Rumor is that Bloomturd has pledged up to a Billion for getting his wet dreams become reality and rest assured that Soros will not be outdone. In Schumers words: "Now we take Georgia, then we change the world"

So please shut up with the negative BS and pony up. Donate or volunteer in the campaigns and/or during the voting. I will donate one of my bimonthly paychecks while the race is on. Going to be cheaper than loosing everything I have worked and lived for during the last 30 years.
If they want to retain control, they can put up or shut up.

If every Republican, Conservative, 2nd Amendment supporter and freedom loving individual doesn't realize what's at stake here with these 2 elections then you are truly asleep at the wheel, or will have no problem giving up what ever they want to take.

Georgia in January is our Alamo. Lose it and the damage done to the 2nd may be irreversible.

Too many people looking for the free handouts living in the big city areas who vote democratic will make it swing blue. Sprinkle in fraud and you have it won.
Kiss the Republican Senate seats goodbye.
Imagine all the naive young voters across the country and even migrants...They all want free stuff. The problem with that is bankrupcy and democrats don't seem to be worries about that.

I am posting on this thread again so people will remember this coming January. If we do not win one of the senate seats, the Democrats will have full control as Kamala Harris will be the tiebreaker in the senate.

Goat

Reactions: nick338