• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting a bipod tommorrow!

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    I have desert tech srs a1 in 18 inch 338 lapua. What bipod would y’all suggest for this setup. Only gonna be shooting prone and off bench since I take tripod hunting. I’ve always and still do have atlas but I’ve been looking at some wider stance accutac. What say you?

Reactions: deersniper
    I have a few Atlas and Harris bipods. Solid bipods. Served me well for a long time. Even on heavy kickers like my 338.

I bought a Ckye about 18 months ago. I havent used another bipod since. They are that good.

One day I will pick up a Thunderbeast, but until then my Ckye is doing everything I need.

Take a look at the atlas 5H bipods. I picked on up for my semi custom .300wm a few months back, its now my go to bipod for heavy(weight) magnums

Reactions: Snipe260
    I love the LRA shit. They make one now, the Ultralight, and it looks small enough to use on regular rifles (the tactical light was still huge but at home on a DTA HTI .50BMG). Solid and very nice, much nicer than the Atlas IMO (I think it'd be hard to argue an Atlas is better than an LRA).

But I saw that Ckye pod and I think I'll go with that for any future needs. If you're not familiar, you need to look 'em up. Fully adjustable side to side as well as front to back, it's a different animal than what we're used to.

I still like the Harris for most stuff though, it works and it's fast and light. I plan on a tripod for more stable shots in the field.

Hit me up if you have any questions on the Ckye Pod!

There are a lot of very good options out there though, and I am sure you'd have no issues if you went with anything listed here :D

Josh

From my experience with the same barrel, you'll want to upgrade your brake. That barrel was designed primarily for subsonic use and the brake isn't very efficient. And if you want to run full power loads through a can on that barrel, make sure it's rated for .338LM in such a short barrel (many can't handle the pressures generated by an 18" barrel).

I finally got around to upgrading to a Cadex brake

From my experience with the same barrel, you'll want to upgrade your brake. That barrel was designed primarily for subsonic use and the brake isn't very efficient. And if you want to run full power loads through a can on that barrel, make sure it's rated for .338LM in such a short barrel (many can't handle the pressures generated by an 18" barrel).

I finally got around to upgrading to a Cadex brake

I was looking at getting the area 419 sidewinder brake! How’s the cadex do?

It's pleasant to shoot compared to the default 2-chamber DTA brake. It's still a beast though.

It's pleasant to shoot compared to the default 2-chamber DTA brake. It's still a beast though.
    Does the codex do a good job on blast back at shooter? Does it do a good job mitigating recoil?

It mitigates recoil better, yes. It's still a beast if you're laying next to it.

• Love
    Got a scal from cattleman99 ordered! He gave me great deal! I would suggest using him for your purchases. Thanks Chris!

Reactions: Todc