• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting back into reloading

mexicanmatch

dallasa1
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
lanexa,va
I haven't reloaded for some time and i still have my old Herter's #3 press and #38 powder stand and tube with a bunch of shell holders. Going to load 6.5x47,223,308 and some others. I am use to it after 20 some years of using it and was just wondering if the new reloading equipment would suit me better. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks. MM

Should work fine. You didn't mention a scale however you should have as good of one as you can afford. I've got a progressive that I load .223 on but still use a single stage to size, decap the brass first. The lube has to be cleaned off and brass trimmed before priming, charging and seating a bullet.

I do the same, I just do all of them at once, on the RL550B. I have never owned a single stage, and I have never missed having one.

No it ain't broke, good and tight all around. I have a good set of scales all the dies i need. Just some minor things and back into business. I paid $20 for it years ago and loaded i don't know how many 45 acp with it. thanks for the replies. MM