• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting localized!

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
Coming to a hood near you?

Good way to get shot. People really need to turn off the news and take a deep breath. Stop creating more problems.

Will get worse before it gets better. Sad, but true. The peaks havent even started to hit yet. Likely at least 3 to 4 weeks out according to:

I cant vouch for the data. So many sites with projections, numbers, cases, death rates etc. But, I think one thing is pretty clear...its ramping up.

Reactions: Jgunner
Will get worse before it gets better. Sad, but true. The peaks havent even started to hit yet. Likely at least 3 to 4 weeks out according to:

I cant vouch for the data. So many sites with projections, numbers, cases, death rates etc. But, I think one thing is pretty clear...its ramping up.

The idiocy is ramping up. If we did the daily numbers for the flu people would have long lost their minds. I'm not trying to marginalize this disease as I work with patients that have it, or how bad it can be but people really need to keep things in perspective and relax.

I'm all for people quarantining themselves but blocking access especially if an emergency vehicle needed access, im thinking this crew of lumberjacks literally grabbed the shit end of the stick on this one.

The idiocy is ramping up. If we did the daily numbers for the flu people would have long lost their minds. I'm not trying to marginalize this disease as I work with patients that have it, or how bad it can be but people really need to keep things in perspective and relax.

Oh hey, I agree. Just saying these types of events are likely to increase and get more serious.

Thank the media for this madness. If Obama was still around, we would barely know the name of the virus. Make ya yearn for 'the good ole days' ? The type of question to him would be something like: Please Mr Messiah, sir, what does it feel like to wake up every day knowing you're saving the world?

Those destroying someone's property, cutting off their utilities and trying to blockade them in because they are "afraid that they might have something" had best be a bit careful.

I see some armed group prowling on my property, I won't be taking any chances, neither will I expect will many others.

I guess sleeping with rifles ready to go beside the bed doesn't seem so paranoid now.

Humans are what you have to worry about most, not this virus business.

They may be feeling all tough strutting around displaying their rifles and gear, but all it takes is someone who knows how to run a bolt gun in a good position to show that that a 2 way range is a lot different than your "tactical games" training at the range.

They may be feeling all tough strutting around displaying their rifles and gear, but all it takes is someone who knows how to run a bolt gun in a good position to show that that a 2 way range is a lot different than your "tactical games" training at the range.
Hillbilly way, shit eaters outside bark or those inside start to growl. Find issue, push the correct button an go back to bed, replenish that package in the am, while having eggs an coffee.

History again...
After "Reconstruction" a bunch of carpetbaggers found out the hard way, payback can be a bitch...

After effects of that payback were recognized 100 years later.

We do live in interesting times....

This is a really good way to get killed.........

Trading one tree and a blocked driveway for ten houses crisped... very good way to get somebody killed. Unintended consequences indeed.

Trading one tree and a blocked driveway for ten houses crisped... very good way to get somebody killed. Unintended consequences indeed.

I feel this is one instance in which the example needs to be made on the spot. Kinda like training a dog.

So I'll lend my outlook. Vinylhaven is right off the coast from me. I have been there many times for work. it small, its island life. Vinylhaven and North Haven, were 2 of the first places to shut right down here.

I have to agree, if you're from NY, NJ, fuck, even NH, stay home. I dont care if your summer home is here. Stay fucking home. As a coastal resident, I have seen LOTS of new traffic influx to areas usually populated by locals for a few more months. I am of the same opinion that; if you barricade me inside my own home, or destroy my property, I'm hurting you, end of story.
That being said: bringing you and your potentially infected here, IS putting myself and mine at risk. Again, STAY THE FUCK HOME. You chose your state of residence, and drivers licenses will prove that. I dont think the islanders were right, but I dont think they were wrong either.......

How confident does one have to be in their body armor to keep cutting at that tree with a chainsaw while taking aimed fire from a competent individual behind a scoped rifle? I wouldn't want to try that with my neighbors and they better feel the same way.

Thanks to the wonderful media and social media bending people and the truth way out of shape, yeah people are going to go bananas.

How confident does one have to be in their body armor to keep cutting at that tree with a chainsaw while taking aimed fire from a competent individual behind a scoped rifle? I wouldn't want to try that with my neighbors and they better feel the same way.

My answer to that is, a lot of mass shooters or mass shooter wannabes over the past several years have found out that being all kitted up in body armour isn't all that great protection once it becomes a two way range, because everybody has been expecting that for some time and especially when it's visible, everybody starts off shooting where the armour doesn't cover.

Over the past 10 years there has been a quiet subtle change on both the LE side as well as on the civilian side, training / planning and when needed putting into practice, shots more quickly and carefully aimed at where they have the least chance of being stopped by a barrier.

I specifically upgraded my concealed carry as did some of my friends to reflect the changing threat landscape and now carry something that enables me to put well aimed shots where they need to go at a greater distance and with higher capacity, to counter the emerging threat of crazy democrat mass murderer wannabe rocking a plate carrier and AK, than what I carried 3 years ago which was more geared to single unarmoured, in your face thug up close and personal.

Corner a person and then wonder about the reaction. Smart

Reactions: TACC
So I'll lend my outlook. Vinylhaven is right off the coast from me. I have been there many times for work. it small, its island life. Vinylhaven and North Haven, were 2 of the first places to shut right down here.

I have to agree, if you're from NY, NJ, fuck, even NH, stay home. I dont care if your summer home is here. Stay fucking home. As a coastal resident, I have seen LOTS of new traffic influx to areas usually populated by locals for a few more months. I am of the same opinion that; if you barricade me inside my own home, or destroy my property, I'm hurting you, end of story.
That being said: bringing you and your potentially infected here, IS putting myself and mine at risk. Again, STAY THE FUCK HOME. You chose your state of residence, and drivers licenses will prove that. I dont think the islanders were right, but I dont think they were wrong either.......

NOT disagreeing with you...

However.

Three land owners. Each pays the same local and state taxes to own the land.
Three home owners. Each pay the same local taxes.
Each pay the same utilities and for the services.
Each has an equal expectation to receive those services.
Shall we call these "specifics"?
Each have equal expectations to enjoy the fruits of their endeavours and of what is theirs.

One lives in the town, works in the town, and pays the local employment taxes. This one daily supports that towns economy by spending there.

#2, lives in the town, drives to work a town away, and ends up supporting two towns economies in both tax and spending habits.

#3, does not live in the town, but brings $ to support the towns economy when present, while paying the same specifics the other two pay.

The conundrum now is, will we deny any of these three their ability to enjoy what is lawfully theirs, something they own, after paying their required specifics just like everybody else there.

Most people on this board seem willing to fight strongly for what they own.

Maybe the question becomes, do we want to start that fight. In the long run, is the end result worth it.

There are better answers, but few are discussing them right now. Its time to go there.

I see your point as very valid. All out war, fight communism, etc., I'm willing to accept someone that chose to live elsewhere. Disease pandemic, well, you chose which state to reside in, stay there so as not to spread. When the dust settles, come and be a full time resident.

My answer to that is, a lot of mass shooters or mass shooter wannabes over the past several years have found out that being all kitted up in body armour isn't all that great protection once it becomes a two way range, because everybody has been expecting that for some time and especially when it's visible, everybody starts off shooting where the armour doesn't cover.

Over the past 10 years there has been a quiet subtle change on both the LE side as well as on the civilian side, training / planning and when needed putting into practice, shots more quickly and carefully aimed at where they have the least chance of being stopped by a barrier.

I specifically upgraded my concealed carry as did some of my friends to reflect the changing threat landscape and now carry something that enables me to put well aimed shots where they need to go at a greater distance and with higher capacity, to counter the emerging threat of crazy democrat mass murderer wannabe rocking a plate carrier and AK, than what I carried 3 years ago which was more geared to single unarmoured, in your face thug up close and personal.

Yep. So now try to imagine the poor SOB that shows up to the wrong house with a chainsaw, trying to drop a tree while someone delivers aimed fire using a round with respectable terminal ballistics.

My guess is that the friendly neighborhood quarantine unit isn't going to last long in most rural areas, even if they happen to be all kitted-up in armor (and my guess is that they ain't). Most of the folks here are going to deal with a threat like that without needed to change magazines.

Last edited:

This is a short documentary on the area in question.

Did we find the one new yorker w/o a camera on their phone?

Or, are the pics just not in the article?

Most people are stupid. Scared people become even more stupid. That is scared people with and without a weapon. Keep to you and yours and do no harm to those around you BUT don't allow harm to be done to you and yours.

NOT disagreeing with you...

However.

Three land owners. Each pays the same local and state taxes to own the land.
Three home owners. Each pay the same local taxes.
Each pay the same utilities and for the services.
Each has an equal expectation to receive those services.
Shall we call these "specifics"?
Each have equal expectations to enjoy the fruits of their endeavours and of what is theirs.

One lives in the town, works in the town, and pays the local employment taxes. This one daily supports that towns economy by spending there.

#2, lives in the town, drives to work a town away, and ends up supporting two towns economies in both tax and spending habits.

#3, does not live in the town, but brings $ to support the towns economy when present, while paying the same specifics the other two pay.

The conundrum now is, will we deny any of these three their ability to enjoy what is lawfully theirs, something they own, after paying their required specifics just like everybody else there.

Most people on this board seem willing to fight strongly for what they own.

Maybe the question becomes, do we want to start that fight. In the long run, is the end result worth it.

There are better answers, but few are discussing them right now. Its time to go there.
What are 'the answers'?

People choose to live a certain way, in a certain place and for their reasons. They may be comforted that their choices are paying off with everything going on. Along comes mr outsider eating at their diner, showing up at their post office and just all round fucking up the separation they had with the outside world. Some bad looks were given, a few words expressing their displeasure, but still mr city slick outsider is touching what was their safe salt shaker at the diner. Locals get to talking and get even more worked up about. Say fuck it, no more.

Not saying that's what happened, but could see it going down that way. Who knows, maybe they opted to be kind and didn't bury the prick like half of them wanted to do.

Reactions: AMGtuned
What are 'the answers'?

Elected Leadership.
1. Work with known reputable health care officials.
2. Do not disparage them when they offer proven pandemic solutions.
3. Work with the leading health care providers when they offer their collective knowledge based on factual results.
4. Give them the tools and financial backing they need.
5. Put politics aside to do proven historical solutions to prior pandemics and epidemics.
6. Be truthful with the people.

Citizens
1. Follow the health care professionals instructions that have proven effective in previous pandemics and epidemics.
2. Do not act out in frustration, anger, or recklessness.
3. Respect the rights of others in following the experts medical solutions.
4. Be as professional and magnanimous as possible when facing those challenges.
5. Try to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Both should understand sacrifice and hardship will be required to beat this, as has been before.
Be prepared for the hardship, sacrifice as neccessary, and help at least one person less fortunate than you, that you personally KNOW, and together find strength and friendship, and teamwork to survive.
Do not turn away or attack strangers in need. The stranger you help today, may save your life tomorrow.

And the usual common sense suggestions on dealing with criminal threats.

For a start.

Hey Billy Bob, we got more purple haired hipsters from the city in a Subaru with Bernie and Coexist stickers headed to their vacation home down the street.

Gotdammitsumamabich

And Billy Bob is pissed as hell.
Psst ! Psst ! That purple hair is HIS SISTER, the one hes been telling us died 15 years ago.....
And that vacation house, is in both their names, I just found that out at the court house...
No wonder hes so pissed. People are gonna find out.

As Charley Daniels "Uneasy Rider" plays in the background. .. "I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife".
Always wondered how the green toothed woman acted after she heard that.

Billy Bob does have his troubles.. ?

That’s pretty low. My favorite is too saw up trees that have already fallen across folks driveway, but not move the pieces. That way they know they were beaten to the punch., but still have to do most the work.

Reactions: j-huskey
I gots me a genius idea. Let's go cut their cable so they have no internet. You know city folks cant live without their interwebs.

Article I read said they had to use VHF radio to call cops...…..seemed quite odd they had no cell phones??

Cell service ain't all that great out on those islands. In some places, on some of the islands, call wont work at all. Back of Vinylhaven, one of those places

People from the city spreading out into small town America, will only serve to help spread the virus faster. Not to mention that small towns have small hospitals, small stores, they do not have the resources to help large groups of refugees from the city.

This brings back a talk with my buddies who were preparing a "bug out" location years ago. I told them running away from your home doesn't seem to be the best idea. In a disaster it helps to have a community to help each other, shelter, and supplies to share. All that is going to happen when you "bug out" to the "canyons" is you are going to find a bunch more people showing up there with the same idea. You will find the same problems with less resources.

Stay at home, that is the best thing you can do to help.

I see camp grounds filling up here despite the cold weather.

• Angry
Reactions: Mwalex