• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting ready to build a new 7mm, have a ?

sawtoothtaxi

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Idaho
I am looking at building a new 7mm this winter. I am going to use a 700 action. Looking at a Kreiger barrel. Not sure on my stock yet. I am mainly using it for hunting. My question is on the bottom metal. I'd like to use Badger with the detachable mags but have read that I may have a problem using Berger VLDs in this set up. Is there a fix for this or should I use a different bottom? Sorry, I'm sure this has been covered but my eyes are crossing from all I have read over the past 6 hours. Thanks for any info.

Re: Getting ready to build a new 7mm, have a ?

7-08, 7 Rem. Mag., 7 WSM, 7x57?????

700 S/A or L/A?????

Sorry about that. Too much reading last night. 7mm rem mag

I run a Badger M5 on my 7mmRM. No issues what so ever with the Bergers. Im @ 3.400" with 168 Berger VLDs. There is alot of room left to grow.

thanks 7mmRM. where do you get mags over 5 rounds. Badger only lists 10 rnd for SA

The 10rnd mags are few and far between. If you do find some, be prepared to open your wallet wide.

Just a thought on DBM for hunting. I know lots of guys on here use them with out any issues. However, since your from Idaho where there is snow here's something to think about. On two separate occasions I've been hunting with someone in the wintertime when an opportunity presented itself. After running the action my friend squeezed the trigger....CLICK. Ran the action again....CLICK. No magazine. It was lying somewhere in the snow behind us.(on both occasions it was more than 4 miles) Good luck finding it. I guess my point is, DBM's are fantastic for quick reloads, clearing your weapon, increased round capacity, but they have their short comings as well. Also as 7mmRM has pointed out they are a bit expensive to be leaving in the snow. Just a thought.

my brother lost a fully loaded ar15 mag last year. i fell out of the 4wheeler tho.