• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Getting ready to take the plunge

mhael

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
DFW, Texas
Well after talking about reloading for quite a while I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy the equipment to start. For now I am primarily focusing on learning how to make match ammo for my new .223 and .308 bolt guns. I also want to make sure that I can reload .300 win mag which I am planning on getting later this year. Anyways after spending time at my friend's house I think I am going tontry to purchase a Lymann Tmag II turret press. Now I need to figure out how I m going to clean/trim my brass and how I'm going to measure my powder loads. I've been having fun reading many of the threads here and I still have more to read! Please feel free to post any thoughts.

Thanks
Trevor

Trevor

Re: Getting ready to take the plunge

Bought the stuff and started from scratch today. I say go for it.

Loaded 40 rounds!

Don't be afraid to ask questions. You can see I'm new at this, I have a lot of questions on here!

As someone new that just started I can probably help as to what I could have done diff, or some of the initial things that I didn't buy that I should have...

Well taseal I would love to hear your thoughts on what stuff you wish you had bought/not bought.

Hey Trevor,

For what its worth here's a couple of things that I think makes life a little easier. Spend a little more money and buy quality dies. Need a regular balance beam powder scale and if you can afford an electric one they make life that much easier.

Good luck,
Kc

Get the stainless steel tumbling system for cleaning your brass. I finally got around a while back to ditching the dry media and vibratory tumbler and changed over and kick myself for not switching sooner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEGA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the stainless steel tumbling system for cleaning your brass. I finally got around a while back to ditching the dry media and vibratory tumbler and changed over and kick myself for not switching sooner. </div></div>

+ 100