• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting rid of static on my Chargemaster

Doyputasos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2012
Southern California
Any quick tips or tricks that will get rid of the static inside of the hopper cylinder on my chargemaster? If not, I am going to get a glass cylinder made.

Try Bounce.I think i read it here on the hide.Any how that's what its made for.

Run a pound of Unique pistol powder through it, lots of graphite in the powder helps reduce the static.

The dryer sheet should work but if it doesnt go to radio shack andget a grounding mat. They are cheap and discharges all static from the unit.

What powder are you using that is sticking?
I tried the dryer sheet trick as well with minimal results. I think it was 231 I had issues with before. Using longshot primarily now and don't have the issues.

Spray some Windex glass cleaner on a paper towel and wipe your dispenser down all over the outside. Lyman actually recommended this in their manaul.

Seems to work well

Windex then dryer sheet
This seems logical, sometimes a person has to repeat the process of wiping it down, one time may not be enough. One has to remember that a few kernals of powder sticking to the plastic hopper isn't affecting much, but when there's enough to cause scale flucuation, problems arise.
The only way I can tell if the scale is bouncing around, is when you take the pan off to dump a charge, and the scale isn't reading the correct pan-less weight. Then rezero it right away when you put the pan back on.

If you have your cord wrapped up that too will cause issues, when im throwing varget with my chargemaster i keep a dryer sheet handy and wipe about every 20 charges. Seems to do the trick. Also flourescent lighting seems to make digital scale wander.

John

What powder are you using that is sticking?
I tried the dryer sheet trick as well with minimal results. I think it was 231 I had issues with before. Using longshot primarily now and don't have the issues.

It is happening with H4350. I was thinking I could ground it somehow, but didn't know if there was a tried method before I go attaching wire and stuff to my chargemaster. Also, I noticed that I had a change in read weight when I closed the clear plastic cover over the scale. It weighed about -2 gr when it was closed, and that is after it was warmed up for a half an hour and on a current regulator.

Increase the humidity in your house with a humidifier, that and get some graphite. If that does not work, take the hopper off and spray down with one shot, then wipe it down with a dryer sheet.

Pick up a can of anti static spray at your local drug store. 4$. Knocks all that jumping out if you'll spray the hell out of it in and around your reloading station.

When you are done loading and empty the hopper, store it with a dryer sheet in the hopper. That will stop the static build up.