• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting started in Tac Comps?

R.Walters

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Clarke County, Va
There is another thread just like this one, but im in a different AO. I live in Northern Va and dont know where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Getting started in Tac Comps?

Depending on the type of competition you're talking about, a safe place to start is down at Blackwater.

Rich

Re: Getting started in Tac Comps?

Blackwater is a fair piece from Clarke County but it all depends on how far you are willing to travel.

Comps to check out though:

Reade Range Sniper Challenge Reade Range, PA

Allegheny Sniper Challenge Seneca Rocks, WV - Sometimes they put on a new shooters weekend match but I don't think there's a match like it on the East Coast.

Hogstooth (AKA Sean Little of Vapor Trail Tactical) is putting on a match down in NC this September

The Rapidan Rod and Gun Club down in Orange, VA put on a pretty good three gun match several weeks ago and I hope they do it again.

Quantico also hosts some matches and F-Class shoots that might be worth your while as well.

Truthfully though I haven't been to or heard of many tactical competitions in the state of VA, which kind of surprises me, it seems to be the ones I go to the most often are in WV and PA.