• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting Started With Applied Ballistics And Kestrel 5700 Elite

Max Owner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Canadian, eh.
Hey all. I need help, please.

I have a Kestrel 5700 Elite with Link. I have an Ipad. Both bought around 2 years ago and have sat since. Today I have the bright idea I'm gonna start to get these set up. Tried to update the Kestre.l But realize I need the dongle. So got one of them on order.

Wish to purchase Applied Ballistics app for the Ipad. Wish to use this than my Iphone for battery drainage. Can I download the app onto my Ipad and expect it to communicate with my Kestrel?

Plus anything else you guys think I should know will be appreciated.

? You don’t need the dongle to update the kestrel. If you have link you have Bluetooth. Download the kestrel app, you can make your updates that way.

Reactions: seansmd
I downloaded Link onto my computer and it won't pair.

Could't get Kestrel to pair with Ipad.
Go into the Link app and pair it in there, it won’t pair from the actual phone Bluetooth screen. Just make sure Bluetooth on the kestrel is on.

If you haven’t already tried that.

I downloaded Link onto my computer and it won't pair.

Could't get Kestrel to pair with Ipad.

all you need. This simple usually. If it won’t pair, kestrel is on here. Hit them up.
06CE50D0-2F61-4629-A5DC-71A3A55DE189.pngEACE49E9-B861-4F34-88BF-7FC94C29808F.jpeg

Thank you guys.

After updating my Ipad it paired up somehow,

Now if I buy Applied Ballistics (firing solutions) and load on my computer. Can I use it too on my Ipad?

I will try to tackle this as best I can for you:

1) Since you have the LiNK(Bluetooth) version of the Kestrel you can perform all firmware updates on the iPad. You do not need The computer Bluetooth Dongle.

2) You can load AB on your computer with AB Analytics. Those profiles will work with the Kestrel 5700 Elite but you need the cable to transfer those profiles. Once transferred to the Kestrel you will want to make sure to transfer them to your iPad so you have the profile on that device as well.

Thanx Doc.

Now the bullet library comes up. Guess I have to build some profiles now.

Can info from a factory box of ammo be used? Until I get reloading....

Thanx Doc.

Now the bullet library comes up. Guess I have to build some profiles now.

Can info from a factory box of ammo be used? Until I get reloading....

It can be used... but has its own set of issues. Always keep in mind that boxes are designed by marketing and sales teams so take it with a grain of salt (with the exception of Berger and a couple others who use data from our Laboratory for the box information). Also check this article out: https://appliedballisticsllc.com/2019/11/08/why-you-cannot-rely-on-the-mv-on-the-ammo-box/

If you register your Kestrel on their site you will soon get invitations to take their live online courses.

Haven't done one yet but I bet they are worth the time.

Reactions: Ravenworks