• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting there with my SPR build...

jvencius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
'Nooga
www.cekron.com
I've had this build going on for YEARS now--buying pieces/parts as I get the dough saved up or sell off unused/unneeded gear and certain ones have come on the market. I've only shot it with irons so far but it's shaping up to be a hellish-accurate piece if I was able to empty a 30 round magazine of uber-crappy 55 gr. UMC ammo into 1 1/4" @ 50 meters. My goals are to have a sub-MOA gun out to 300m. or so since I won't attempt a shot at a deer farther than that with a smallbore but for whacking steel or paper, I'll shoot as far as I can see. I just got the scope mounted last week so when I get some free time in a few weeks I'm going to break out my 77 gr. ammo and see how she runs at "way the hell out there" distance b/c there are multiple 1K yard ranges in Vegas plus lots of space out in the desert.

Parts list:
CMMG stripped lower bought during the post-election scare
DMPS small parts kit also bought during the scare
BAD-ASS ambi safety
Geissele SSA-E trigger (this thing is the HEAT--smooth/light/crisp as I could hope for)
Colt A2 stock/tube/buffer/spring
Centurion Arms DMR upper with a C4 rail (same barrel from the same makers/machines as the Mk.12)
KAC 200-600 rear BUIS
Troy HK-style front BUIS (looking for a KAC front)
UTG rail covers (don't yell too loud at me--I didn't feel like paying ten bucks a piece for Magpul ladders)
A2 flash hider (will get an Ops-Inc brake sooner or later when I buy a 12th. model can)
Larue SPR-E scope mount
Leupold Tactical VX-R Patrol 3-9 scope (mil/mil, illuminated TMR reticle, and exposed low-pro turrets)

To be bought:
bipod--I'd love an Atlas but may go for a Harris
more 20 round magazines (30's are long for shooting off a bipod/bag)
Magpul UBR+H2 or H3 buffer (to work with a rifle-length gas system)
KAC front BUIS (to match the rear--no functional reason at all)

I have no timeline for buying the rest of that stuff since the gun runs fine w/o those widgets. As I go through the boxes/bins of crap I brought back with me from CA after Christmas I'll have more extra gear to get rid of so those parts will get added on later.

6e7b0410.jpg

Re: Getting there with my SPR build...

Nice build jvencius. I'm building a similar rifle with a CM barrel instead of stainless. Let us know how you like that 3-9x on it.