• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gibbs or Creedmoor 1903A4 Sniper Rifle

Re: Gibbs or Creedmoor 1903A4 Sniper Rifle

Gibbs is gone, sold out to James River Armory. I guess after all the bad press they got about those early (POS) scopes, maybe it's a good thing.
Creedmore is good to deal with, I bought one from them awhile back with the Criterion barrel.

JRA - They rock.
laugh.gif

Wow. This is news to me. I was always told the 1903a4's sold at creedmoor were gibbs made reproductions. Yea like everyone is saying, go with James River Armory. I have personally seen these rifles shoot pretty good. I plan on going this route when I get the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gibbs is gone, sold out to James River Armory. I guess after all the bad press they got about those early (POS) scopes, maybe it's a good thing.
Creedmore is good to deal with, I bought one from them awhile back with the Criterion barrel.</div></div>

Gibbs needs to take down their website then.

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/1903-a4_sniper_rifle.html

The current Gibbs A4 has the improved 2nd gen scope. If a guy buys one he needs to make sure hes getting the newer scope or a good discount. Gibbs has a "trade-in" for the old ones.

I've not bought rifles from them but I have bought plenty of gear from Creedmore.

Dennis DeMille answers the business phone and with his shooter cred/reputation I think if you experience any issue Creedmore will make it right.

I'd vote neither. I'd never shell out the kind of jack required (last time I looked they were north of $900) when I could put one together myself for much, much less. My DIY project started with a sporterized 1903 and ended up a CMP legal Vintage Sniper for about $350 (less the scope). Nothing replaces the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Here's the story . . .

1903A4 Clone