• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Gift to my son on his first Christmas

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Ok, maybe someday he will own it, but we have a few years before we have to discuss gun safety. Colt Walker Dunn was born in 2011 and I thought this would be fitting in about 20 years.

2012-01-01_19-33-23_584.jpg

Buy your kid a gun, teach them safety, and let them shoot it up.

ps, Colt will start with something a little more user fiendly.

Re: Gift to my son on his first Christmas

That is a great first Christmas present! I also like the name you gave your son as well. I am sure that when he is old enough he will love that pistol. Good job Dad!

That's silly. Everyone knows guns are going to be illegal twenty years from now.
    wink.gif

Lame sarcasm aside, great choice, and congrats.
    smile.gif

going to make a happy kid one day! i still remember the day my grandad gave me my remington 511 scoremaster. not as cool as a brand new 1911.....

which colt is that ? I just had twins, I was thinking about doing the same and saving it for them when they get to a age where they can go shoot and learn about gun safety, as well as tale possession of it when they are adults and mature enough

100th Annivarsary Colt (base model)

lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron12345</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's silly. Everyone knows guns are going to be illegal twenty years from now.
    wink.gif

Lame sarcasm aside, great choice, and congrats.
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, now you'll have to 1 up it every Christmas from here on out.</div></div>

SWEET, anything from this point forward I will give him well used!

You're one great father. Congrats on the son (I guess I'm about a year late, though)! One of the greatest gifts any father or mother can teach his or her son or daughter is to use and respect firearms. Too many children these days are growing up thinking only crazy hicks or serial killers have guns and assume that what they play in video games translates into real life. Well, let me tell you something, last time I tried to hip fire a gun, it sure as hell didn't go anywhere near the target.

Wow you are going to have a hard time topping that! Hope mom got something equally impressive

I didn't have this setting in my fathers gun case, closet, etc when I was growing up, but I did learn about firearms, responsibility, and sportsmanship.
    This all is greater than a pc of metal. If I teach him the above, I will not have to teach him this firearm and what it is about.
    That is the gift.

As for the name. Yep, Colt because it is what I wanted. Walker because it is a name that I am proud to be a part of (in history) and Dunn as it is carried on.
    All in all it is not a new age dillhole adoption from any. I like tradition and it is fitting.

You're going to make your poor kid learn how to shoot with a .45? My 5 month old got a similar christmas gift: Browning 1911/22 (85% scale reproduction 100 year anniversary 1911)

22-1.jpg