• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Giraud case trimmer questions? Likes dislikes?

Re: Giraud case trimmer questions? Likes dislikes?

Love it. I don't think there is a thing I will dislike. It is amazing. If you reload save up till you can afford one. You wont be disappointed. It will cut your trim time way way way down. I think it just took under 20 minutes to trim a 100 cases today. WOW. Trimming was the one step I hated before. Not now.

I was using the sinclair hand crank lathe case trimmer that produced measurably orthogonal case mouths (i.e. 0.000). The Giraud can produce within 0.001 - which I consider in the noise and it debur/chamfers concurrently. Quality wise there is no penalty. The big benefit is the reduction in processing time. For me the Giraud trimmer has actually improved my overall shooting experience by eliminating mind numbing reloading tasks. Doug could charge 50% more and I would still purchase unit.

p.s. I purchased two trim heads. One for 308 Win and the other for 223 Rem

Re: Giraud case trimmer questions? Likes dislike

Thanks all for the comments and input regarding the Giraud. I've been on the fence regarding this for a while and based on the comments here was 'forced' to buy one. Can't wait to receive it.

It does cut down on the brass work. The trimer is of good quailtiy and made in the US. What more could a person want. they are great to do business with to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perryguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are going to cost me money! I just trimmed on a Wilson/Sinclair and then chamfered and deburred a lot of 223, life is too short to waste it doing these tedious and painful tasks, guess I will have to take the plunge! </div></div>

DIVE DIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got mine today. I'm putting my 4 yr old daughter to work. This thing is awesome! Worth every penny.

Mr Giraud please make an outside neck shaver that is CONCENTRIC!!

I have had mine for a year now and the thing is a must have product for any serious shooter or reloader!!

It is worth every penny and the service was top notch including teh building of a shell holder for my 6cm cartridge!!

Two thumbs up!!

Mine was charged to the credit card on the 22 nd and the only issue is its not here yet.
Bill

$500 Giraud case trimmer video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGYLmHvKVd0

Here is a video of a guy doing it on the cheap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeZ6np1XsA&NR=1

I have tried this stuff:
They could make this trimmer equipment more compatible.
The hand lathes:
Herters shell holder 7/8-20 stepped collet .490" shaft, .187" pilot, integral cutter
Forster shell holder 7/8-20 stepped collet .490" shaft, .187" pilot, integral cutter
RCBS U shaped clip with hooks and spring paddle shell holder, .495" shaft, .152" pilot, 3/8-24 threaded cutter, 3/8-24 inside outside chamfer and trim cutter head, motor drive with 5/32" ball Allen wrench driving a 10-32 cap screw replacing handle, VLD inside chamfer 8-32
Wilson cartridge gauge type shell holder, .500" shaft, no pilot, integral cutter
Lyman inside outside chamfer head 7/16-20 with O ring
Lee Zip trim recoil start shell holder with 1/2-32 thread, 10-24 spit screw pilot and through the neck and flash hole stand off, ball handle cutter, motorized shell holder 1/2-32 thread to .25" hex adapter and .495" shaft cutter handle

And then there are the quality problems:
Lee shell holder would never have fit on the Zip trim without the drill adapter to chase the shell holder's poorly finished threads.
The Lyman inside and outside chamfer is difficult to adjust.
The RCBS shell holder slips and nothing can be done about it.
The RCBS inside/outside chamfer and trim die is difficult to adjust.
The RCBS VLD inside chamfer has threads for the green handle flash hole trimmer and not the trimmer shaft
The handle on the Herters trim crank is knurled and cuts into the hand.

I mounted a trimmer vertically and put a door knob on the handle.
I pounded out the rod to one side on the collet shell holder so it is a lever and not a finger and thumb twist.

RCBSTrimPro3-WayCutter22CaliberLeeS.jpg

RCBS Trim Pro 3-Way Cutter 22 Caliber,
Lee Shellholder 223,
Lee Lock stud,
Rockwell mill,
Kurt vise,
vise grips,

This system trims to length and chamfers inside and out in 5 or 10 seconds per round .