• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Tri-Way Trimmer

Multi-Tool

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2013
I just received my Giraud tri-way trimmer last week. It works great. However, when I tried using my old corded Dewalt drill, the shaft was just a little too short for the keyless chuck on the drill to grab it. I was able to use my battery powered drill, but it would be nice if I could run this using the corded drill. I found this on Amazon.com, but if any of you have other ideas or personal experience, please let me know.

Keyless Drill Chuck

I just received my Giraud tri-way trimmer last week. It works great. However, when I tried using my old corded Dewalt drill, the shaft was just a little too short for the keyless chuck on the drill to grab it. I was able to use my battery powered drill, but it would be nice if I could run this using the corded drill. I found this on Amazon.com, but if any of you have other ideas or personal experience, please let me know.

Keyless Drill Chuck
I run mine on a old Black & Decker corded variable dill with no issues at all.

A picture of your issue is worth a thousand words.

When the drill head is opened up to fit the shaft of the tri-way cutter, the retaining pieces are so far back in the drill, that it can’t be tightened on to the shaft.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: straightshooter1
When the drill head is opened up to fit the shaft of the tri-way cutter, the retaining pieces are so far back in the drill, that it can’t be tightened on to the shaft.

View attachment 8219853
I see. So the jaws of the chuck just don't come out enough. Looks like you'll have to do a little MacGyvering. ;) Like, getting a long piece of a bolt to thread into the new Keyless Self-Tightening Type Drill Chuck that you linked onto so that there's a long enough piece that your corded drill and grab hold of.