• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Tri Way

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
As my reloading journey has begun again, it’s time to buy a good trimmer. I know the Giraud power trimmer gets rave reviews around here. I can’t pony those funds up right now. I pretty much only shoot 223 currently , and only reload for 223, both precision ammo (prs) and blaster stuff for the ar’s.

I’ve seen some mixed reviews on the giraud tri way. Anyone with real first hand experience with it? I’m thinking this may be my ticket for a lower cost of entry and high quality results that I won’t grow out of (yes, dedicated for 223 prs). Planning on looking it up to my cordless dewalt.

Any recommendations?

Get the Tri Way you'll love it. Super simple to use, mine came preadjusted so just lock it in the drill and go. Gloves help in holding the brass, but you can run a lot of brass in a hurry with it.

Reactions: simonp
Can't go wrong with the tri way. Love mine. Got in 223, 300 blk and 308. Damn shame they refuse to make one for 6.5 creed. All 3 came pre adjusted and were spot on when measured.

Another option is the Trim-It II, I just picked one up and trimmed 500 cases. I'm happy with it; you can't get bushings for every case out there, but if they make one for your cartridge (or one in the same family with a larger neck) it's a great cost-effective choice.

www.blackwidowshooters.com/product-page/trim-it-ii

I also use the Tri-Way for .223. It gets the job done. My experience is that I have to adjust it for different brands of brass, and that's a relative pita. Yes, I am aware of the implication of varying-length case necks leading to adjustment need. Fortunately, I have 1000 pieces of brass all of the same brand/lot, and the Tri-Way does do a good, consistent job once the adjustment is locked in. I simply don't bother trying to trim any other brands/lots; they're for blaster ammo anyway.

I run mine in a drill press with the chuck angled to keep the trimmer a few degrees above the rotation axis so shaved brass falls away from the blades as recommended in the documentation.

I use a '70s-vintage Forster trimmer (collet case holder) with my other calibers. I spin it with a hand drill. It's a little slower.

I'd rather have one of the fancy trimmers but I'm too cheap to go there.

Ugly SRT Trimmer is a copy of the Triway, but with one change that makes adjustment easier.

also, LMAO @ Giraud failing to get the word "Creedmoor" into their "Available Cartridges Sizes".

Ugly SRT Trimmer is a copy of the Triway, but with one change that makes adjustment easier.

also, LMAO @ Giraud failing to get the word "Creedmoor" into their "Available Cartridges Sizes".

i love the SRT, but it is not a tri-way, the G is.

Reactions: R_A_W
you're right, Tri-Way does more. The SRT is a copy of the WFT, not the Giraud Tri-way