• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Trimmer lead time

Last month, they had it....wait for it..... IN STOCK!!!! The nice lady on the phone must have thought I was an idiot as I came off like that was not only not my expectation, but it couldn't be possible. Took about five days from phone call to doorstep (Texas to OK).

I was going to say 6 months, but the above poster.... cutter heads and case holders are usually in stock. I believe it is a one man operation and the Doug ? Giraud has a regular job. I would suggest just ordering one, I waited and waited for a used one to pop up, and they usually sell VERY VERY quickly. Probably the BEST piece of equipment I have in the reloading room/man cave. Great product.

Last edited:
You know what's funny, it was that anticipated wait time that made me put it off for so long. I'm not very patient and putting in an order, whether they charge you immediately, or right before it ships, drives me bananas. Going through that now with the Co-ax.
I like the Henderson stop screw idea. Seems like you can't go wrong with either.

Prepare to be impressed with the speed of trimming/chamfer/deburring. I got one on a whim (looked neat, so said WTH, why not?), and after receiving it, asked myself why I hadn't gotten one sooner.

And yes, his wife (I assume) who answers the phone, is the sweetest person to deal with. Reminds me of childhood memories of rural Texas (Valera or Hereford for example).

Prepare to be impressed with the speed of trimming/chamfer/deburring. I got one on a whim (looked neat, so said WTH, why not?), and after receiving it, asked myself why I hadn't gotten one sooner.
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Sadly I waited a few years to purchase one, but I finally pulled my head out of my backside.

My suggestion for anyone that is undecided is to order it! You won't be sorry. I bought mine because I was tired of trimming 1000's of 223 and 308 by hand. I still trim a few calibers with other methods but the volume stuff goes through the Giraud.

When I get set up I can trim at a sustained rate of about 16 per minute. Oh, you fumble a case occasionally or encounter a case thats longer than the rest and it breaks your rhythm but its pretty easy for me to average 16 per minute over the long haul. And I can maintain .001 in length.

And no, I'm not associated with them. Just a happy customer.

And yes, the Lady that answers the phone is very nice and She really knows their product line. I think She is the Wife, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: DIBBS
Might check at Creedmor sports thought they had some in stock.

Mine took 2 weeks, just got it 2 weeks ago. Wish I would have done this sooner. Amazing machine. Great people to deal with, very helpful with all my questions

Reactions: MarinePMI
I'll echo what others have said. What ever the wait time it's worth it. It is without a doubt the best investment I have made in reloading tools. It's the one thing I won't be selling.

Reactions: cwall64
I've had mine for years and my love affair with the Giraud is well-documented on this site. Buy a set of lock rings for the case holders and you'll be swapping calibers in no time!

I was going to say 6 months, but the above poster.... cutter heads and case holders are usually in stock. I believe it is a one man operation and the Doug ? Giraud has a regular job. I would suggest just ordering one, I waited and waited for a used one to pop up, and they usually sell VERY VERY quickly. Probably the BEST piece of equipment I have in the reloading room/man cave. Great product.

I totally agree. I have been re-loading for rifle competition for over 15 years and the Giraud trimmer is hands down the best reloading tool I have ever purchased.

Let’s put it this way, if my house burnt down and I got a massive insurance check, I would absolutely buy that trimmer again right away. I can’t say the same about most of my other reloading tools.
-TH