• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Git lite fill long term reviews

I am not sure if this is the same as the AG Get Lite, but I have the PU light fill in a rear bag. Riding around in my match pack, it has pulverized into a white powder. Now the bag is like a chalk bag a pitcher uses. Not sure if its a bad batch or a what, but I would not recommend this unless you are very delicate with the bag to keep the fill from getting crushed.

I am not sure if this is the same as the AG Get Lite, but I have the PU light fill in a rear bag. Riding around in my match pack, it has pulverized into a white powder. Now the bag is like a chalk bag a pitcher uses. Not sure if its a bad batch or a what, but I would not recommend this unless you are very delicate with the bag to keep the fill from getting crushed.
Is the PU Light fill you speak of the same as the PURG light(ish) Bag Filler?

I have some Spex-Lite 5125 that I'm going to put in a full size game changer for a rear bag, hopefully that isn't what you have. Because it'll be in my match bag most of the time.

Is the PU Light fill you speak of the same as the PURG light(ish) Bag Filler?

I have some Spex-Lite 5125 that I'm going to put in a full size game changer for a rear bag, hopefully that isn't what you have. Because it'll be in my match bag most of the time.
I am not sure. Its whatever one that PU offers for their light fill.

Reactions: NodakBarbarian
The Purge gets gritty and dusty as it breaks down from grinding, and it's noisy. Gitlite doesn't do either. I'd rather shoot the gitlite in rain. Both are light and feel good under the rifle dry. But the Purge dust has gummed up my GC bag zipper, meh.

I have some Spex Lite 5125 fill that I bought a few years ago. Need to put it in one of my gamechanger bags and see how it does. I have a mini sticky GC with the git-lite that I carry while hunting. I will put this SpexLite in a full size bag and see how it feels.

Any love for this stuff? https://spexlite.com/shooting-bag-fill-1

And in retrospect, any complaints about Git-lite and PURG? I just ordered enough PURG to fill a child's sittin' bean bag, so I'm looking for confirmation here, guys!
I ended up not liking Git-lite, it was light, but the beads are very smooth and do not lock against each other, did not feel like it would settle, very easy to shift around. I did switch to the PURG and very happy with it for a light weight fill. It is very chalky, and does make a lot of dust, which does not bother me. I am only concerned about it wearing down because of all the dust. I will say that I still go back to my Shmedium Game Changer heavy fill when I am competing when weight is not an issue, it just locks onto the barricades and does not allow the rifle to shift. If weight is a concern, I think the PURG is the best. They do give you extra, so if it does wear down, you can add as you need it.

I got the PURG light-ish for my warhorse clede. Stupid light and way better for strapping to the outside of my pack, with pretty good shooting stability. I have a recon mini with the regular factory fill that I think locks up a little better, but feels heavier/denser, and honestly a bit better.

The downside is there is a bit of material break down, and my bag now 'poofs' like a climbing chalk sock if I toss it down next to my rifle.

I got the PURG light-ish for my warhorse clede. Stupid light and way better for strapping to the outside of my pack, with pretty good shooting stability. I have a recon mini with the regular factory fill that I think locks up a little better, but feels heavier/denser, and honestly a bit better.

The downside is there is a bit of material break down, and my bag now 'poofs' like a climbing chalk sock if I toss it down next to my rifle.
I ended up not liking Git-lite, it was light, but the beads are very smooth and do not lock against each other, did not feel like it would settle, very easy to shift around. I did switch to the PURG and very happy with it for a light weight fill. It is very chalky, and does make a lot of dust, which does not bother me. I am only concerned about it wearing down because of all the dust. I will say that I still go back to my Shmedium Game Changer heavy fill when I am competing when weight is not an issue, it just locks onto the barricades and does not allow the rifle to shift. If weight is a concern, I think the PURG is the best. They do give you extra, so if it does wear down, you can add as you need it.
Appreciate it guys! Yea we learned after a while the fill will break down some and get dusty. We use seam sealer on our production bags that get filled, but I’m thinking about adding a suggestion to use some bag wax on the seams when you retrofit a bag. Rub it in good and warm it up with a hairdryer a few times and it should seal it up pretty well. It’s good for the bag too. I noticed a new company on here selling wax and it looks pretty good. I can’t remember the name, but it should be easy to fine with the search.

Reactions: ThisGuy
OK, in light of all that, any comments on the SPEX stuff? How is it holding up compared to the others?

And any recommendations for a fill for a bag used exclusively off of vehicles and stored in a trunk for varmint hunting? Problem with sand is that the big heavy bags will cause the hood to buckle, so lighter may be better there for a different reason than the usual ones.

I actually got the last bag ever available for sale from an 88-year-old gentleman in Gladstone Oregon today. Company was called "Dog-gone-good" or something like that. He told me he sold the rights or something like that to the Armageddon gear guy. He says that guy is awesome and just get his bags. This old guy (Don Scott) was so sweet (and widowed since 2020, very sad), that I just said send me your last bag, I'll get my next ones from Armageddon. He recommended just filling his bag with Walnut tumbling media. That's how I got started on this inquiry. Until now, I've cheaped out and sewn all my bags on a machine or by hand and filled them with sand or kids kinetic sand. I was quite inspired by the old-timer - he was salt of the earth, and sent me the bag 2 hours later before payment. He must be lonely, and I just bonded with him. I feel like I should call him every now and again just to talk to him. The shooting community is just full of really great down to earth guys and that's why I love it.

Bringing this back from the dead.

Just ordered some PURG lite fill for my +1 bag that is ungodly heavy. I can’t want to test it out!

Just ordered some PURG lite fill for my +1 bag that is ungodly heavy. I can’t want to test it out!
I ended up using crushed walnut media instead of the sand in my game changer +1. So far it seems to work well and is easier to move and doesn't knock over NRL22 props as easy as sand does.

I got that Git Lite stuff which is great but for how much they give you it’s a scam. I’d have to buy $250 of it to fill the big bag I got. That’s insane for what amounts to foam bean bag pellets. Like the stuff per pound is priced higher than Wagyu beef. And note they don’t tell you the exact weight or volume you’re getting so it’s not obvious to you (eg “enough to fill a game changer” which is bullshit bc I don’t have a game changer so the description is meaningless to me). I mixed it with corn cob media (slightly less dense than walnut) and chalked it up to experience.

Reactions: Cornerstonearmory
FWIW, I've carefully compared Git Lite and Spex Lite 5125. Appearance, pellet size, weight per volume, compressive strength all seem the same. I think they are identical products in every way except price. I found Spex Lite to be cheaper, but still way over priced. I heard somewhere that the product was actually used in polypropylene injection molding, but I can't personally attest to that.

Yeah, using the Spex Lite calculator for 5125 I need, for my large varmint hunting bag, about 12# of fill or about 32 liters; that's TWO of their 16 liter size packages, and it's $180 dollars at $90/each.

This is exorbitant, and a total rip-off guys. Let's find out what it is and make an affordable product. This has to be some industrial stock that they're marking up like 10,000x

I actually just used my Schmedium for the first time, at a match last weekend, after replacing the sand with PURG. Wanted to shed weight for hunting/rucking and figured I should try it first. I really like it. Just be sure to feel it out at home first to get the fill amount right. While I was like 99% full with the sand, I needed to drop that to like 65-70% with the PURG lightish for the rifle to settle in. Once it was dialed in, though, I found it to be quite stable. It's not sand, and there are definitely advantages to the heavy bags, but this did 90% of the job with like 30% of the weight. I'm pretty sure I could now use the bag as a pillow to take a nap in a pinch. I think you'll like it!

I actually just used my Schmedium for the first time, at a match last weekend, after replacing the sand with PURG. Wanted to shed weight for hunting/rucking and figured I should try it first. I really like it. Just be sure to feel it out at home first to get the fill amount right. While I was like 99% full with the sand, I needed to drop that to like 65-70% with the PURG lightish for the rifle to settle in. Once it was dialed in, though, I found it to be quite stable. It's not sand, and there are definitely advantages to the heavy bags, but this did 90% of the job with like 30% of the weight. I'm pretty sure I could now use the bag as a pillow to take a nap in a pinch. I think you'll like it!
I got the media in my +1 bag switched out, I share the same sentiments.
Pro's:
-Saves 10+lbs when it's on my ruck
-Gives me the option for another tool in my toolbox
-There was enough media in the PURG order to fill my +1 bag (which is huge IMO) and probably my Schmedium too if I wanted. I was worried there wouldn't be enough fill to get my +1 bag full. Worth noting a got a large bag from PURG.

Con's:
-It's just not sand and the bag still feels a little bouncy.

In all I think it's a combination of the +1 bag being new/not fully broken in and the difference in fill/media. I'm comparing it to my 4 year old waxed schedium that's been to the moon and back and it's just super worn in and it probably is 2/3 full of sand. In all I think the +1 bag is just going to be a good rear bag until I get it more broken in.

@Precision Underground can your fill be microwaved? I like to wax the outsides of my bags and then throw them in the microwave to warm the wax. Also, is there any detriment to the media if it gets wet?

I found the lighter bags work better with arca plates.

Still, been using heavy pint and shmedium GC for so long I always attempt to try lighter fills and end up going to heavy fill.

I ended up accumulating many fills to try out in the bags over the years, and still have them in Ziploc bags, not sure what to do with them.

As far as waxing it @Cornerstonearmory - I rub the wax in and leave it out in the sun, does the job.

I got the media in my +1 bag switched out, I share the same sentiments.
Pro's:
-Saves 10+lbs when it's on my ruck
-Gives me the option for another tool in my toolbox
-There was enough media in the PURG order to fill my +1 bag (which is huge IMO) and probably my Schmedium too if I wanted. I was worried there wouldn't be enough fill to get my +1 bag full. Worth noting a got a large bag from PURG.

Con's:
-It's just not sand and the bag still feels a little bouncy.

In all I think it's a combination of the +1 bag being new/not fully broken in and the difference in fill/media. I'm comparing it to my 4 year old waxed schedium that's been to the moon and back and it's just super worn in and it probably is 2/3 full of sand. In all I think the +1 bag is just going to be a good rear bag until I get it more broken in.

@Precision Underground can your fill be microwaved? I like to wax the outsides of my bags and then throw them in the microwave to warm the wax. Also, is there any detriment to the media if it gets wet?
Make sure the bag isn’t too full, it sounds like it might be. The fill should not be bouncy at all, it should be completely dead. There needs to be enough empty space in the bag for it to compact/conform without stretching the fabric really tight on top where the rifle goes.

Make sure there’s not too much fill and make sure to drop it on the obstacle(don’t set it on). You want it to be free(no pressure from your hand) and then “plop” down so the fill compacts downward. Picture fluffing up a blanket to spread it out then letting it fall/float down. Do the same thing with the bag. If you’re holding it firm in your hand when you set it down, the pressure from your hand can keep it from settling completely. There’s a lot of friction in the fill so if it doesn’t conform when you first drop it the fill isn’t going to flow around much to get it conformed. That friction is what makes the fill work so well, you just need to get the “plop” right. It’s not like a poly-fill where you set it down and then pat it with your hand to get it to conform. I’ve been meaning to do a video on this because it sounds complicated but it’s really not. Just lift the bag and let it fall onto the obstacle so it conforms/compacts the moment it lands. This should leave a flat spot on the top for the rifle to sit. If the fabric on the bag is pulled really tight on top after you do this you may have too much fill in the bag.

I don’t know about microwaving it. I don’t think it would matter but that’s a total guess. Don’t gamechangers have a metal zipper on them? Either way I think setting it in the sun would be a better route. Or just use a hair dryer or heat gun if it’s not warm in your area. I wouldn’t submerge it in water but the bag getting rained on or splashed on won’t hurt it. If it ever gets any kind of water damage we’ll send you some more.

Another note- don’t pound on the bag to try to deaden it. It will break the fill down and make it dusty. Pounding it won’t really help anything except creating more empty space inside the bag. You can get the same result by removing some of the fill. Feel free to reach out if you still have trouble!

Make sure the bag isn’t too full, it sounds like it might be. The fill should not be bouncy at all, it should be completely dead. There needs to be enough empty space in the bag for it to compact/conform without stretching the fabric really tight on top where the rifle goes.

Make sure there’s not too much fill and make sure to drop it on the obstacle(don’t set it on). You want it to be free(no pressure from your hand) and then “plop” down so the fill compacts downward. Picture fluffing up a blanket to spread it out then letting it fall/float down. Do the same thing with the bag. If you’re holding it firm in your hand when you set it down, the pressure from your hand can keep it from settling completely. There’s a lot of friction in the fill so if it doesn’t conform when you first drop it the fill isn’t going to flow around much to get it conformed. That friction is what makes the fill work so well, you just need to get the “plop” right. It’s not like a poly-fill where you set it down and then pat it with your hand to get it to conform. I’ve been meaning to do a video on this because it sounds complicated but it’s really not. Just lift the bag and let it fall onto the obstacle so it conforms/compacts the moment it lands. This should leave a flat spot on the top for the rifle to sit. If the fabric on the bag is pulled really tight on top after you do this you may have too much fill in the bag.

I don’t know about microwaving it. I don’t think it would matter but that’s a total guess. Don’t gamechangers have a metal zipper on them? Either way I think setting it in the sun would be a better route. Or just use a hair dryer or heat gun if it’s not warm in your area. I wouldn’t submerge it in water but the bag getting rained on or splashed on won’t hurt it. If it ever gets any kind of water damage we’ll send you some more.

Another note- don’t pound on the bag to try to deaden it. It will break the fill down and make it dusty. Pounding it won’t really help anything except creating more empty space inside the bag. You can get the same result by removing some of the fill. Feel free to reach out if you still have trouble!
Good info, thank you guys!