• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glass / Mount for JP LRP-07 in 6.5CM... thinking S&B 5-25x

grkmec

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
Stamford, CT
I just got my JP LRP-07 in 6.5CM in. Looking to get glass for it. I am thinking S&B 5-25x H2CMR. Had some questions:

1) Which 5-25x to get? The regular one, the MTC, or the Locking model?
2) Which mount to get?
3) How man MOA / MILS do I need in the mount to be able to shoot the 6.5CM to subsonic assuming 100 yard zero?

I have a 5-25x56 in a Spuhr 20 mil mount. I have the MTC/locking turrets with H2CMR. I'm bench shooting so I'm not speed dialing under pressure. I havent experienced the problems some others have with the bells and whistles S&B. Im new to scopes and love the H2CMR as its easy for me to understand.

The scope is accesorized with an LMT MWS. I used about 8 mils to get a 100 yard zero. I have some 18 mills or so left for elevation. My .308 should be spent before my scope is maxxed out.

I don't think you could go wrong with the schmit bender 5-25. I am also hoping to acquire one shortly. After looking at all them I likE the locking turrent but I don't have any field experience with one. Hopefully someone with time behind one can give advice which I am also interested in.

I run the S&B 5-25 MSR and love it. Super nice glass, awesome ranging capabilities, not a bad word to say. It's on a Gap 10 .308.

Try the Spuhr cantilever, works great on my JP. Should be stout enough for the S&B. Has a bubble level and a couple cant choices.

Well worth the cost.

Tell us how it shoots.