• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glasses and using a scope

P

Padre'

I am now at the age where I find progressive bifocals a necessity for daily life. When I shoot from the prone position I find that my sight picture is sometimes interfered with by the frame of my glasses. I am using a Leupold Mark IV 4.5X14 scope. If I adjust the doppler on my scope to correct for my nearsightedness, will it have any negative effect on my sight picture and ultimately my shooting?

Re: Glasses and using a scope

Assuming right-handed shooter ... are you saying to see through your scope, you often find yourself staring through the upper left edge of your eyeglass frame?

Common issue with us near-sighted folk & we usually adopt a slightly more upright head position on the stock, which means we typically prefer slightly taller rings to accomodate. Helps avoid the frame & edge of prescription lenses where image distortion occurs.

You want to adjust your ocular/diopter focus to your eyeglasses--no negative effects except other folk who use your rifle might comment it's out of focus for them.

I have or had the same problem, I am now using the "Harry Potter" looking shooting glasses sold by B.Jones shooting systems. www.BJonessights.com.

Now I am looking through the center of my Rx not the upper Left hand corner of the glasses. Near sighted with a lot of astimatism and bifocals is my vison malady.

Shipping, frames, two lens with bifocals ground to my RX came to 121 dollars. From time of order to delivery was about a week or less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have or had the same problem, I am now using the "Harry Potter" looking shooting glasses sold by B.Jones shooting systems. www.BJonessights.com.

Now I am looking through the center of my Rx not the upper Left hand corner of the glasses. Near sighted with a lot of astimatism and bifocals is my vison malady.

Shipping, frames, two lens with bifocals ground to my RX came to 121 dollars. From time of order to delivery was about a week or less. </div></div>Thanks for this link!

I wish the lenses were impact-resistant polycarb, but my current glasses aren't, so the risk factor isn't going up. And it seems like these are a real solution to the problems we semi-blind people all face when shooting prone.

Thanks for the input guys.

Padre'

I got a pair of Wiley-X glasses with the prescription insert and that works well for me for prone shooting.

I have a pair as well with my bifocal perscription, I'll try them the next time I am at the range this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeepEastKilla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seem to have the same issue quite often, to the point that I will often just take my glasses off! O to have great eyesight... </div></div>

Having similar problems as some of you other bifocal wearers, I tried a couple stages with glasses off at a shoot last weekend. Unfortunately I cant count clicks, and cant see the turret numbers clearly w/o glasses, so put in a mil too much elevation on one of the stages. I'm thinking if I visit the optometrist and get a current prescription, and get lenses that are as big as the bottoms of a coke bottle, that maybe that will help.
cry.gif
It sucks to have old eyes...reflexes...etc.