• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 17l gen 3 value

Ahogue

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2019
Port byron ,il
Picking up 2 gen 3 g17l's that i sold to a buddy last year going to keep 1 for myself and sell off the other but seems they are slim pickings now in gunbroker and not finding many numbers anywhere else

Now the only new one post on gunbroker is $1600 new but i think thats a lil excessive

Any thoughts?

$600-$700 would be a decent price if it is nice. Buyers are after the Gen 1s and carry models now.

If it goes to hell, may be able to sell for more in a few months.

I wanna say they were $200 more than a regular G17. I had to order it through a dealer and didn't get any breaks from them probably 12 years ago or so. Early models were rare then and going for $800-$1000 when you could find 'em at gunshows before they went completely to shit.

At first Glock said "no more" after the first run. Then they said "limited run" of Gen 3's, "we're gonna break the dies". I got one. Figured it'd be my last chance. Then they did another, then another... Now I think they're part of the normal line up, they just aren't as popular because of some laws and then because you can't use 'em in certain competitions unless in the open class but G34 is stock class. But if you go to a dealer you can order one, Glock has done nothing but expand their lineup over the last decade. Wanna say I saw a gen 5 version? Just not common like a 17 or a 19. .357 Sigs and .45GAPs ain't common as well, but not worth $1600 either.

I think the motherfucker is the titties and it's by far the most accurate Glock, period. One of my favorites, probably my favorite Glock period. The G20 10mm is close. But I shot that 17L in the open class of a competition once and actually placed in it. It was like using a laser gun at those ranges and I was impressed how well I did with it.

A set of adj. tritium sights and maybe a different guide rod if you plan on using broad range of handloads and it'll be one of your favorites. The large frame long slides are too damn big but the 17L has lightening cuts to make it the same weight as a regular 17. Oh yeah.

Been wondering how well it'd do in one of those B&T USW kits and SBR'ing it with a 7" threaded barrel though.

I've clocked it at 1500-1600fps with 124gr. +P+, putting it on par with .357 FWIW.

Dont think you can order them any more actually

Currently a used one for $700 with no mags and 5 days to go and i think both of these are unfired

I know when i sold them a year ago i had actually cleaned out a dealer of the 4 they had left parted one out and sold the slide assembly on ebay for $650 by itself

Just havnt seen any slides on ebay or any other than the 2 mentioned posted on gb so starting to wonder if a. People are holding on to them or b. They are starting to dry up

From my understanding they are made every other year, price depends on when really wants it. When I was looking about 2 years ago, used was selling on GB for around $8-850...

I can tell you they have no value to competitive shooters as they are not competitive in USPSA or NRA bullseye and are marginally useful in IDPA.

Generally it isnt competitive shooters buying them anyways

But going to part it out slides are going for $800+ on ebay and got a buddy that wants the frame....ill make out on it i paid $1200 for both