• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 19 Weapon Light?

M-54

Minuteman
Jul 31, 2012
OREGON
My Wife needs a light for her Glock 19. Do you guys know of any nice short, reliable lights that are brighter than the Surefire X300? One that is easy to master,and has enough light to cause recoil. Needs to be trustworthy,loyal,friendly,courteous,kind,cheerful,thrifty,brave,clean, and reverent......,

Re: Glock 19 Weapon Light?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">surefire x300 ultra </div></div>I would almost steer her towards the regular x300. I have both, and don't get me wrong, the Ultra is an absolute MONSTER! But it's a little longer than the regular and dare I say it, maybe a little TOO bright? With 500 lumens bounce becomes an issue and it doesn't take much to completely ruin your vision (temporarily) to the point you can't shoot. The regular is very bright, I find the Ultra comes into its own at distance, say 40 yards and out where the extra light makes fast target acquisition easy.

On conclusion, my x300 Ultra is on a carbine and I absolutely love it, but for a Glock 19 I say regular x300. Or just start carrying an x300 Ultra as a weapon, it's seriously bright.

I wish Sure fire or someone reliable would release a compact light that ran off a CR123. I bet they could sell a bunch of these given the interest in carry these days. All of the compacts that I have seen take the CR2 photo batteries and most people dont want several different battery types among their weapon lights.

He's right on. I seriously doubt you would be happy with something brighter than the x300 on a self defence pistol and some argue that the 300 is too bright in certain situations, I have a three 300's, a 400 and im waiting on my 300 ultra to come in for some night time fun protecting my herd. I also have one of their new Fury 500 lumen handhelds and it is way too bright for close up work. Surefire makes fine equipment and i have not found a better company that stands behind their lights like Surefire does
...SmokeRolls
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">surefire x300 ultra </div></div>I would almost steer her towards the regular x300. I have both, and don't get me wrong, the Ultra is an absolute MONSTER! But it's a little longer than the regular and dare I say it, maybe a little TOO bright? With 500 lumens bounce becomes an issue and it doesn't take much to completely ruin your vision (temporarily) to the point you can't shoot. The regular is very bright, I find the Ultra comes into its own at distance, say 40 yards and out where the extra light makes fast target acquisition easy.

On conclusion, my x300 Ultra is on a carbine and I absolutely love it, but for a Glock 19 I say regular x300. Or just start carrying an x300 Ultra as a weapon, it's seriously bright.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Wife needs a light for her Glock 19. Do you guys know of any nice short, reliable lights that are brighter than the Surefire X300? One that is easy to master,and has enough light to cause recoil. Needs to be trustworthy,loyal,friendly,courteous,kind,cheerful,<span style="font-weight: bold">thrifty</span>,brave,clean, and reverent......, </div></div>
Yep, just get an x300 for the g19. It wont be thrifty though.

Maybe the one I looked at in the store had low batteries? Just didn't seem strong enough, but of course the store was lit. Thanks all, I will do some more testing in the dark. And I appreciate the insight on the Ultra.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Sure fire or someone reliable would release a compact light that ran off a CR123. I bet they could sell a bunch of these given the interest in carry these days. All of the compacts that I have seen take the CR2 photo batteries and most people dont want several different battery types among their weapon lights. </div></div>

The X300 uses 2 123 batteries.
http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/handgun/x300-led-weaponlight.html

I really like my X300. I have it on my Glock 19 as a home gun. In a dark room or hallway it's plenty bright. A quick pic I took when I first got it pointing into a dark room.

Glocklight.jpg

I have the X300 and the X300 ultra. I love them both. I just got the DG switch in. Love it. I typically carry the X300 on my Gen 4 Glock 19, and have the Ultra on a Glock 21SF on the night stand.

Good picture. The sight is sure clear. Was there any backlighting from the camera or is that all from the x300? My biggest concerns are#1- the light works like a glock. 2-more than enough light for recognition of target. 3- light that blinds and disables at close range.
Would the ultra be too much for a sleepy person waking up to deal with?

Back when I had a G19 i had my surefire x300 on it not only was it plenty bright enough it seemed to really make the gun feel more balanced inmy hand. I think i would be the perfect choice.

I have the normal x300 coming in for my P229. I agree on wanting a more compact version. The x300 looks like it will stick out an inch or so in front of the frame.

I have one on my 229 and it does stick out a little not quite an inch but probably close. You will see some powder residue on the end of the light and it's near impossible to get off in my experience. The only other thing i seen with my sig was that it wont slide straight on while the rails are tight. I have a 229 elite dark and my rail is rounded on the bottom and i have to leave he rails on the light a little loose until i get i seated and then i have to use an allen wrench carefully and tighten them on down. Just a heads up.

I'm running a simple Streamlight TLR-3 on my G19.

How much light does one really need to blind and disorient someone in the dark? I've indirectly flashed a 100 lumen lamp at myself in a dimly lit room, which was enough to convince me that this was bright enough to do the job. If anyone doubts this, they are free to engage in their own experiments instead of taking my word
wink.gif

X300 170 lumens. 500 lumens is retarded for inside the home and actually counter productive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sageebr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on my 229 and it does stick out a little not quite an inch but probably close. You will see some powder residue on the end of the light and it's near impossible to get off in my experience. The only other thing i seen with my sig was that it wont slide straight on while the rails are tight. I have a 229 elite dark and my rail is rounded on the bottom and i have to leave he rails on the light a little loose until i get i seated and then i have to use an allen wrench carefully and tighten them on down. Just a heads up.</div></div>
Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully my surefire will be here today or tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMindMelded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the normal x300 coming in for my P229. I agree on wanting a more compact version. The x300 looks like it will stick out an inch or so in front of the frame. </div></div>

Ive done a lot of shooting with weapon lights and the design of the Surefire sticking out of the front is to keep the muzzle blast off the lens. Raven makes a great low profile holster if you want to pack a light on it. Ive used insight lights down range as they are in the current sofmod kit... and I can tell you I hate them. Ive always been happy with my surefires. If something is wrong with them, they will fix it. I stick with them now.

Shitload of good feedback. After dicking around on this awhile, I ended up w/ three lights. A streamlight TRL1s, an x300, and a primary arms 600 lumen rifle light. Should be bright eneough around here for a while. Thanks for the ideas.

The TLR-1 is hard to beat for size and cost and is plenty bright for a handgun. The low cost is also a plus when outfitting several guns.

Looks good and i even carry the same knife emerson super cqc7 good combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ultrarunner7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive done a lot of shooting with weapon lights and the design of the Surefire sticking out of the front is to keep the muzzle blast off the lens.
</div></div>

Bull****, if that was the reasoning it would be a one-sided overhang rounded off to be snag-free, or even an lip extension as little as 1/4 of an inch. You don't need to be 1.5-2 inches past the crown to protect a recessed lens.

You're not the only one who's done plenty of shooting with lights/lasers/cameras mounted on their guns. The muzzle blast isn't going to blacken the lens unless it's mounted at or slightly behind the crown, with no protection at all from the housing design.

The primary reason for the extended oversize lights instead of smaller/lighter/just as bright/less likely to snag/better holster accomodation models is to act as a standoff device to keep the gun away from barriers that would put it out of battery.