• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 20

Rem5R

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2005
Mississippi
I'm interested in purchasing a G20 and was wondering if anyone had one and what their thoughts are on this caliber. I've heard good things about this round. Look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Rem5R

Re: Glock 20

its kicks a little harder but its my fav/ best handgun i love this one out of like 15 others. after shooting this with skill you can handle any auto with easy.

I can hit a dinner plate at 100 yards its shoots pretty flat

kick all depends on the ammo u buy/load in 10mm. The slides are pretty beefy compared to the other glocks. I had a 29 and thought it wasn't bad for what it was. Maybe a little worse then a 40sw.

Great all around gun. Get a custom barrel - well I would anyway. Not interested in shooting 10mm with an unsupported chamber. Ted Nugent took a cape buffalo with his G20.

It was the first pistol I bought and I'm more accurate and like it even more everytime I shoot it. Still can't shoot inside what I can do with a 1911 though but the G20 definately has a lot going for it as long as it fits your hand.

Are you looking for new or slightly used. I have a slightly used OD G20 I would sell for $460 shipped. I sell them new for $560 delivered.

I love the 10mm. With 180 grain XTP's at 1325fps it kicks less than my G23 shooting 155XTP's at 1275fps. I have found the 10mm to be exceptionally accurate.

The G20 has plenty of chamber support.

It's a great gun. You might try a G20SF if the G20 is too large for you hands. It's BIG.

Love mine! I read the earlier series had frame issues. 3rd gen are said to not have the same problem. Dunno what they changed.

Get one of these too!
laugh.gif

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=954&CAT=238

Ive had a G20 for a long time and I love the 10mm its my backup hunting gun.I dont find the recoil to be bad at all.I also have one of the original G20 longslides from oberland arms.

If you have big hands, you will love it, if you have small hands like me, look to one of the 1911 in 10mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G20 has plenty of chamber support.

It's a great gun. You might try a G20SF if the G20 is too large for you hands. It's BIG.

</div></div>

I think it is probably different for each gun. With my 20SF, I get bulges at the base of my brass when shooting thru the factory barrel ("Glock Smiles"). But not thru an aftermarket barrel. But then I make my loads hot. It's my woods gun, I like it a lot.
smile.gif

boomfab,

I didn't realize that they make a G20SF (assuming you mean short frame). Where would I find one of those? I didn't see it on Glock's website.

Thanks
Rem5r

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">boomfab,

I didn't realize that they make a G20SF (assuming you mean short frame). Where would I find one of those? I didn't see it on Glock's website.

Thanks
Rem5r </div></div>

Yes, short frame. Search around on gunbroker, they are out there. It's the same frame as the G21SF (.45 auto) which is more commonly found.

I hadn't realized that there was full chamber support on the 10mm pistol. My understanding was on the 22 and 21 there is not full chambered support, so I assumed the 20 was the same.

I have a non SF model G20 and it does not have full chamber support. I have a drop in barrel from Lone Wolf Dist. chambered in 40 SW. The LWD barrel was a little tight for my relading dies and I sent it back. Dan Sheppard from LWD used a few of my dummy reloads to custom fit the chamber at no charge. I paid only shipping to get it there.

I really love the 10mm round and it's normally under loaded substantially for factory ammo. Both DoubleTap Ammo and Dallas Reloads offers 10mm ammo.

In the reloading data subforum I've posted about 50 various loads for the 10mm for the serious 10mm reloader.

I run a 21# spring in my G20 to help the capability, as of now I get 155 XTP's over 1500fps from the factory 4" barrel with the new spring in it. I haven't reworked my 200 XTP load yet with the new spring but it's sure to be a smoker as well.

Guys,

Ok, I'm going to show my lack of knowledge here when talking about the short frame (SF). I have a Glock 22, which is fullsize, and my hands fit it perfectly. Anything larger than that would probably be too large for a comfortable grip. Would the Glock 20 be larger? Someone please tell me the differences here dimension wise.

Rem5r

I had a G21 with the standard frame. It was hard for my average hands to grip. Then I got a SF and the world was again a beautiful place. Sold the std 21 and use the SF for a home defense piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a G21 with the standard frame. It was hard for my average hands to grip. Then I got a SF and the world was again a beautiful place. Sold the std 21 and use the SF for a home defense piece.</div></div>

That was my experience. Bought a 21, loved it but thought it a touch to large. The SF came out, picked one up and immediately after shooting it, put the standard model up for sale. Funny thing is, I actually made $15 after all was said and done

OK guys, I just ordered a a G20SF from my local FFL. They didn't have one in stock, so I'll be waiting for them to get one in. I ordered a KKM barrel for the fully supported chamber, a tungsten guide rod, 22# spring, 3.5 lone wolf disconnector and a 6# trigger spring. I'm stoked! Can't wait to touch off some 10mm fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crewdog135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys, I just ordered a a G20SF from my local FFL. They didn't have one in stock, so I'll be waiting for them to get one in. I ordered a KKM barrel for the fully supported chamber, a tungsten guide rod, 22# spring, 3.5 lone wolf disconnector and a 6# trigger spring. I'm stoked! Can't wait to touch off some 10mm fun. </div></div>

Good luck with it

Crewdog135,

Let me know how you like it when you get it. I went to the dealer today, and he didn't have any G20 in stock. I have got to get my hands on one of these to see how I like the feel. I love my G22, but I believe the G20 is bigger.

Rem5R

20SF is my mountain gun. I love having 16 rounds of hard hitting 200 grainers.
Double Tap makes some awesome ammo for the 10.

Rem5R,
Will do, but it may take a while. I get the MIL/LE discount and it may take a few weeks to get in. I'm not familiar w/ the G22, but the G20 is the same frame as the G21. That's a little more popular, so they may have one in stock for comparison.

+1 for SF for sure. The G20/21 grip is too bulky for me. The G20SF fits perfectly. I added a steel guide rod and 22lb wolff spring combo to mine and the recoil isn't bad at all. I can out shoot my .40 with it.
I did also add trijicon night sites, an extended slide release and a lone wolf bbl. I only swaped the factory bbl out so I can shoot lead with no worries, otherwise the factory bbl is fine... unless you're hunting with it, then I'd go 6"
Finding hot loads is a problem unless you roll your own. Most the factory stuff is watered down. Its fine for the range, but kind of defeats the purpose of 10mm. I've had good luck with Mike at Double Tap. They have good customer service and load some great stuff. Anything from 165 gr. jhp's to 230 gr. lead.
Its my woods gun, and it helps me sleep good in bear country at night. I can get 15 200 gr. beartooths on target in the same amout of time it would take me to get 3 with a .44 mag

That's awesome. My FFL said he found an SF on the MIL/LE and it should be here end of this week/early next. Ordered some Double Tap and starline brass too. Good call on the slide release, I'll probably get one of those too, as well as a trij front post.

You'll love it. I fell in lust with the 10mm back in the 1980s. My first was a Delta Elite. Mostly because of the increased magazine capacity, I got a G20C. I'd carried an O-frame Colt for nearly 25 years but within six months the G20 had transformed me into a Glock-o-phile (still hate the trigger though). But I have little girlie-hands so gripping the G20 always felt like a I was hefting a 2x4.

Then the G20SF came out. I bought one and swapped the slides between the two G20s and created the world's first G20SFC. I also transferred the Sprinco recoil reducer, which does slightly reduce muzzle flip. Now I are as happy as a dead pig lying in the sun.

Boomfab, you said the Glock 20 has plenty of chamber support. Did Glock do something different between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 pistols? Thanks