• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Glock 21SF Pic Rail question

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I picked up a brand new Glock 21SF today, and I absolutely love this thing. Even compared to my Sig229 and HK USP .45 this Glock feels like a nice set of titties in my hand. However I do have a question about the pic rail on it.

Both the box and frame of the gun have SF indicated on it. However, the rail on my G21SF looks like:

And I also see Glock 21SF's with rails like this:

And now I dont even see the G21 SF offered on the Glock website. Did they discontinue this model? Why the difference in rails? Did I buy a left over old outdated version or something?

Re: Glock 21SF Pic Rail question

Jig Stick,

The first picture is of the newer frame (Gen 3). The second picture you have is of an older frame I believe. I'm not sure if it is a Gen 2 or not.

Yes, Glock still offers the G21SF. I was just like you a about 2 months ago when I was looking for a G20SF. I could not find it on www.glock.com. So I picked up the phone and called Glock and asked them if the G20SF was still available, and they said yes. They also told me to check out www.teamglock.com.

You will see everything that they have to offer there. It is a much better site. I have since ordered my G20SF, but have not got it in yet.

The G21SF is next on my list.

If the the G20SF and G21SF really do feel like a nice set of titties in my hand, then my wife will be relieved since I will not always be trying to hold onto hers instead.

I hope this helps.

Rem5R

Dependent upon which route a buyer takes (Glock, dealer, or ??) at one point you could get it with a "glock rail" or a 1913 P. rail with the 21SF.

At least that is what I remember when they were first coming out.

When they came out with the SF they offered a few rail models and mag release options.. I think it was the following choices:
1. SF w/ Glock Rail w/ standard mag release
2. SF w/ Glock Rail and ambi mag release
3. SF w/ Pic Rail and ambi mag release (discontinued)

I've read threads that users have and issues with the ambi mag release and if you send it into Glock with the issues they will either try to resolve them or give you a brand new non-ambi frame. I have a #3 and would have prefered to have a #1.. but the price was right. There are less holster options for the pic rail versions.

Hawk is right. That is what I now remember when I was dealing with Glock's order forms.

Thanks guys. I feel great about this purchase. I've always wanted a Glock but kept passing on them in favor of Sig Sauers and HKs. I can't believe it took me so long to join the Glock family.

The picatiny rail was added back when there was chatter of the .mil looking for a .45ACP pistol. A picatiny rail was a requirement they specified.

All it does is make holsters a pain in the ass, and hang lights lower.

The pic rail has been discontinued, the 21SF in general though is still in production.

My 21sf holsters fine in an unclemikes holster. 21's are bad ass but the 17 is a lot faster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 21sf holsters fine in an unclemikes holster. 21's are bad ass but the 17 is a lot faster. </div></div>

BobcatT870,

Please elaborate on what you mean when you say the "21's are bad ass but the 17 is faster."

Rem5R

I like the feel of the 21 in my hand and enjoy to shoot it. I like having a 12 round magazine in 45acp. However, the size of the 17 for me makes target aquasition quicker, the recoil of the 17 makes it easier to get back on target when making quick shots, and I also like the fact that you can pack in 17 rounds. I think that the 9mm cycles faster than than the 21. When I say faster, I mean with my 17 I can shoot more rounds in a faster time more accuartly than the 21.

I shoot at the rogers range at the USSA here in Tulsa. I coulndt fing their youtube link but its like this one for a different place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR701Tpi3sU

I found a link that shows the rogers range at the ussa if anyone is intersetd. Its right at 1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhjFNtFnoo

I recently just got a 21 SF, love the way it feels but did send it off to BTC to have the Signature Package done to it. Now just counting the dyas(months) until i get it back.