• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 22 - Needing Trigger Help

Rem5R

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2005
Mississippi
I have a new Glock 22 that I would like to change the trigger components or the entire trigger mechanism out to get a lighter, smoother trigger pull. I love this Glock and it is a tack driver, I just want to improve what I have. I know there are several Glock guys in here, so your help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rem5R

Re: Glock 22 - Needing Trigger Help

Get yourself a 3.5 lb connector (Ghost or Lone Wolf)and just polish your factory internals (plungger,connector,plungger activator on trigger bar). Look on line for the $.25 glock trigger job. The guy post good directions and pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get yourself a 3.5 lb connector (Ghost or Lone Wolf)and just polish your factory internals (plungger,connector,plungger activator on trigger bar). Look on line for the $.25 glock trigger job. The guy post good directions and pictures. </div></div>

Pretty much what I did, just with a dremel and polishing tips. (sending the parts out for hardchroming and polishing has been done by others) plus added the comp trigger springs. Although I havnt used it personally I have heard good things on the Ghost rocket

What 427cobra said! I've got three of his kits, the earliest one I've had for 8 or 9 years. Spendy but well worth it if you shoot USPSA/IPSC very much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get yourself a 3.5 lb connector (Ghost or Lone Wolf)and just polish your factory internals (plungger,connector,plungger activator on trigger bar). Look on line for the $.25 glock trigger job. The guy post good directions and pictures. </div></div>
You can even just drop in the 3.5lb connector first see if you notice a difference before polishing.

What are you using the pistol for?

I just had to take a 3.5# connector out of a friends 19 because the gun won't reset with it in. This is with an aftermarket vendor, not a Glock supplied connector.

I've messed around with the different connectors and spring weight combo's...and I keep coming back to the stock configuration.

Most people would benefit more from proper instruction and practice than new parts.

Give yourself some time to get used to it before you mess with it.

Try a factory spec wolff trigger spring and a factory 3.5 connector.

Give it a 1000 round trigger job. Then, go see the boys at Tactical Response or Gunsite or ....

The factory internals are fine. Dave Sevigny took a stock 17 off the line, put his sights on it, and won an IDPA championship. Glocks are good to go.

Glocktrigger.com

Glockworx
are a few more companies

Not sure of your are LEO or not...

If this is your carry weapon, check with your department for approval. Some offices will not allow aftermarket parts.

Jerry

Use the Vanek trigger. It's the best on the market for Glock.

The 3.5# is not the hot setup many make it out to be. The initial pull is long, and reset for fast 2nd shot isn't as good as the factory 4.5# connector. Once one reaches the levels with very fast times, this becomes apparent.

Aftermarket parts may help, but I carry mine on the street, so gonna keep the internals stock.

Dry practice will help with mashing the factory trigger as well.

Good shooting with whatever path you choose.

i agree with the others that said just shoot it... its a light enough trigger pull for any sort of self-defense or carry use. i wouldnt recommend a lighter trigger for either of those uses.

If its not for carry, Do the polishing as mentioned above and get a Wolf competition spring kit for it (smooth and crisp +/- 3# for $9). I have had good luck with this. I have also used the glock works custom drop in trigger with the wolf spring kit (also very smooth and crisp at 2-2.5# +/-$125 i think. Vanek's Drop in trigger is also very nice and Charlie is a nice guy who will be glad to take the time to guide you to the correct set up for your application. I have never sent one off to have a trigger installed so I cant speak to that. The main thing you shoud know about a Glock it that they run out of the box I have seen other shooters try to go too far and end up with a very unreliable firearm. Click is not a good sound while the timmer is running. If you are going to carry it, I recommend that you slick it up and leave it stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure of your are LEO or not...

If this is your carry weapon, check with your department for approval. Some offices will not allow aftermarket parts.

Jerry </div></div>

1911Jerry,

I'm not a LEO, and this particular pistol is not my carry weapon. This glock is just for range plinking for the wife and I. I just prefer a good clean, smooth trigger pull vs. the way the trigger is now. Although I will try the polishing methods that others have stated. Its worth a shot and doesn's cost anything to do since I have some polishing tools.

Thanks
Rem5R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: theogre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does polishing the trigger just allow for a "smother" trigger pull? </div></div>

Polishing alone doesn't necessarily give you a smooth trigger. The parts are stamped and therefore some need to be stoned then polished to really be smooth.

To me 3.5lb connectors are pretty mushy so I have a stoned and polished trigger set up with a 5 lb connector and extra weight trigger spring which results in a smooth and crisp trigger break.

Check out the "Making Glocks Rock" DVD from AGI to learn all you want to know about them. You can even rent it from www.smartflix.com

Leave it stock and go shoot it. Every Glock I have owned has smoothed out after several hundred rounds.

a Glock isnt a double action pistol so theres really no point to try and make the trigger smooth. all that will do is make the slack smooth as you take it up. the only thing that really matters is a clean break. and the amount of pressure required to make it break. once you pull the trigger the first time in that mag all you should be doing is reseting the trigger and letting it break again. making the slack part of the trigger pull smooth is kinda pointless. in a sense the trigger never even travels during your attempt to make the gun go off except when resetting it. once the trigger breaks think of it like falling off the edge. theres no longer any tension on it until it bottoms out.. then you release pressure once the gun has cycled and re tensioned the trigger and it comes back to the reset point and then you squeeze until it drops off the edge again.

try (with the gun unloaded) take up the slack on the trigger... then make it fire. keep that pressure on the trigger... rack the slide and then slowly release pressure on the trigger... it will "click" at the reset point and then its ready to be squeezed again. all that slack you want to make smooth is pretty much out of the equation and even when it is in the equation it dosent affect the break of the trigger no matter how rough or sloppy it is. your not puling from the very top of the triggers extension and trying to make the gun go off... you should take up the slack until it hits a wall THEN try and make the gun go off.

i hope i explained this well enough.