• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 23?

Re: Glock 23?

Keep in mind that if you do convert to 9mm typically there can be reliability issues. This is because the extractor is different between the 9mm and .40. If it's just a range gun that's no big deal but if you are thinking of relying on it I'd want to put a ton of rounds through that setup before I did.

I'm not sure if you can do an extractor swap along with the barrel/mags to fix that issue or not.

Also you'll want to run 9mm mags. If I remember right (never tried it in mine) the 9mm rounds will go into a .40 mag but they sit way too high. Thankfully a couple mags for a range gun are cheap.

Its more than just the extractor, the whole bolt face is a different size. I have seen people run 9mm conversions in classes before and they have a lot of malfunctions.

If you call Glock or Springfield they actually tell you not to do those conversions, I have talked to both of them about it. They think it is a pretty stupid idea. 40 to .357 sig is okay, but to 9mm they are just totally different setups.

I ran a 9mm conversion (Wolf) in my Glock 35, never an issue, ran perfect.

Like Todd pointed out, great for the range, but I'd always run the factory barrel if it was for carry.

I bought one of the lonewolf barrels for my 23 so I could shoot lead bullets in my gun. Its works fines so far.
You can always buy a new 9mm slide and not have any problems.
larryj

I will be selling my other glock 23 .40cal. It is unshot. Comes with box, book, two clips, gun lock and 20 shells. 450 shipped to your ffl. I ordered a new barrel for the one im keeping but stayed with the .40 and ordered it threaded. I will post my glock in the firearms section when I have enough post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chip01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be selling my other glock 23 .40cal. It is unshot. Comes with box, book, two clips, gun lock and 20 shells. 450 shipped to your ffl. I ordered a new barrel for the one im keeping but stayed with the .40 and ordered it threaded. I will post my glock in the firearms section when I have enough post. </div></div>

Looks like you just posted it for sale here without enough posts. Lucky I don't hold the banned hammer.....