• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 30 vs. XD subcompact

Sthrnstrong

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
TN
Okay guys,

On Friday I am either picking up a Glock 30 or the SA XD .40 subcompact. I need to decide and since I can't seem to make up my mind I will ask all of you. This will be my primary CCW carried IWB. Help guide me towards my next purchase. What are your views on the Glock vs Springfield, you views on the .40 vs the .45?

Re: Glock 30 vs. XD subcompact

Glock reliability is hard to beat. 45 vs 40 in my opinion bigger is always better. Hit em hard so they stay down.
When picking up brass at the range bigger cases are easier to see too. LOL!
I have two glock 30's. A full size and a compact. I like them both, but for concealed carry I usually go with the compact.

I was actually looking at the Glock 30 SF. My spare mags will be from a 21.

Glock reliability is legendary, the XDs haven't been around long enough to be talked about as much as Glocks. If it's for an EDC and you don't plan on rolling in mud, sand, rivers, and snowstorms, you will be satisfied with the XD subcompact in .40. There is nothing wrong with XDs, they will run through abuse, they're comfortable as anything, and they're easy to handle and conceal.

I use my guns, and I take care of them. I don't go 10,000 rounds without cleaning just because I can. I keep my guns clean and neat, and shoot the hell out of them. What if round 10,001 is the one that needs to save your life, and there's just enough gunk built up inside so that it doesn't fire?

Don't get a Glock based on their "bulletproof" reputation, buy one because you like it and it's comfortable. Buy an XD because they're just as reliable as Glocks, and they're comfortable. Don't buy either one based on what someone on an internet forum says.

My advice….Shoot them both, and see which one feels better, shoots better, has a better point of aim. I really wanted a Glock, but rented a Sig, Glock, XD, HK, and Ruger. Out of all the rentals, The XD pointed better and shot better for ME. I went with the XD 40 Sub Compact. I have never had a burp, misfeed, stove pipe…etc. The Glock’s just flat out do not fit my hands well. I googled the “XD Tourture Test,” and was sold on the XD. I own both the 45 Sub and the 40 Sub in the XD. The XD45 SC does not shoot as well for me as the XD40 SC, but the grip to trigger distance is longer, and the double stack 13 round capacity of the 45 results is a slightly larger grip. That said, I only have about 1000 rounds through each. If you handload (not for carry, but for practice), the Hornady XTP 180g with Titegroup will stay less than one inch at 21 feet off hand in my XD40 SC.
One more Note..... I like the secondary grip saftey in the XD, but have found that I sometimes do not put enough pressure on the grip saftey when I attempt to rack the slide. Training remediates this, but it has caught me off-guard a few times when the slide would not rack to the rear

never really paid much attention to the glock 30, but i had a 26 for a carry gun, and a xd9 fullsize so i picked up a xd9 sc thinking id carry it, and long story short i still carry the glock 26, its thinner than the xd and the grip is shorter havent had any issues with the xd at all its just bigger. but i believe the glock 30 might be about the same sixe as the xd sc.

Definitely a Glock. I have carried a G-30 and it is a tubby little gun. I actually bought two, thinking one for the house and one to carry, I now keep one in my nightstand and sold the other. I carry a G 36. You may also want to consider a G 38 in 45 GAP. I recently bought one and so far am very pleased with its size accuracy etc.

I would "try on" the G 30 before you buy one. Comp tac makes a great paddle holster that is easy to get on and off and is very secure.

My vote is for an M&P, and in 9mm, not .40 or .45.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely a Glock. I have carried a G-30 and it is a tubby little gun. I atually bought two, thinking one for the house and one to carry, I now keep one in my nightstand and sold the other. I carry a G 36. You may also want to consider a G 38 in 45 GAP. I recently bought one and so far am very pleased with its size accuracy etc.

I would "try on" the G 30 before you buy one. Comp tac makes a great paddle holster that is easy to get on and off and is very secure. </div></div>

A friend of mine who actually works at the local toy store carries a Glock 30. I spent about 30 minutes walking around the store carrying his G30 with his IWB. To be honest about 15 minutes after putting it on I did not notice at all. I believe that is what impressed me the most.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sthrnstrong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A friend of mine who actually works at the local toy store carries a Glock 30. I spent about 30 minutes walking around the store carrying his G30 with his IWB. To be honest about 15 minutes after putting it on I did not notice at all. I believe that is what impressed me the most. </div></div>

I could see that, I carried mine OWB. Try it for about 10-12 hours and see how it feels then. That's the test I use. It also was a good excuse to buy another gun. I think the IWB makes a difference as your belt pushes it against the frame of your body where an OWB may have a tendancy to "hang" a bit more.

Talk him into letting you shoot it, and you should have everything you need to make your decision.

I think that they are both good guns, I will agree that you,if given the chance should shoot them both before you make your final decision. If memory serves me correct the Xd has quite a bit more weight then the glock. so that is also something that you may want to consider. but I would buy the one that is more comfortable and something that you will want to carry.

Both great guns, get what fits best in your hand and feels the most comfortable after a few magazines at the range.

I would say hold both in your hand, what fits better in your hand, that is the one i would get..

as for .45 vs .40 ... .45

as for the glock 30sf i wear one everyday on me stateside, small enough to be concealed but not so small you can't hold onto it.. like many other "pocket" pistols..

not to mention as you stated it will take g21 mags

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sthrnstrong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay guys,

On Friday I am either picking up a Glock 30 or the SA XD .40 subcompact. I need to decide and since I can't seem to make up my mind I will ask all of you. This will be my primary CCW carried IWB. Help guide me towards my next purchase. What are your views on the Glock vs Springfield, you views on the .40 vs the .45? </div></div>

What did you decide?

I'm a huge glock fan, there isn't much that compares to their durability and reliability with various types of ammo.

XD is fairly new, but took the "good" aspects of glock and added the grip safety of 1911. XD also has a durable finish similar to Glock.

For CCW, I would also suggest taking a look at G36 because of thinner profile.

If you want aftermarket parts, specialty holster, etc...glock has the advantage with more available.

Either glock or springfield XD are great guns.

I would suggest looking at complete package because purchasing. Look for the holster, belt, tactical light and laser or crimson trace grip, etc...and make sure you can get what you what on your gun, and can find a holster to fit it.

Grab both, see what feels better in your hand. Personally I'd pick the glock (I own a 30sf)