• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 43x Holster

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
I am planning to conceal carry my 43x (not using the tlr6) after obtaining my CCW but I need a holster. There are a ton of options but I've never bothered with a holster.

My budget is $150 for a IWB holster so if anyone could make a recommendation on a comfortable/durable holster (hybrid?) It would be much appreciated.

I've always been partial to Milt Sparks leather, but of course there is usually a 4 month wait. I noticed in their new online shop there's a nice holster for a 43X ready for purchase at only a small premium over a regular order. Almost bought it myself, but I don't own a 43X. Yet.

I've always been partial to Milt Sparks leather, but of course there is usually a 4 month wait. I noticed in their new online shop there's a nice holster for a 43X ready for purchase at only a small premium over a regular order. Almost bought it myself, but I don't own a 43X. Yet.

Those look to be all leather. Wouldn't a kydex/leather hybrid be better for a mix of comfort, hold and draw? I am totally ignorant when it comes to holsters so feel free to enlighten me.

I suppose it's personal preference. I've used Summer Specials for decades and have not found a better holster for comfort. Even after years of use, the gun is still held securely. The Sparks holster uses a reinforced band that prevents collapsing and allows one handed reholstering. I've found leather more comfortable to wear inside the waistband. Here's one with over ten years of daily wear.
15936076486636025887422737363255.jpg

But others swear by hybrids or all kydex. Might be a generational thing also. I've been carrying a long time.

But others swear by hybrids or all kydex. Might be a generational thing also. I've been carrying a long time.
That is possible but doesn't mean you're wrong. I like the idea of kydex for an outer "shell" with leather on the inside.

Tier 1 looks good, Milt looks good, G-code I haven't heard of but looks pretty solid. Tier 1 has almost an overwhelming number of options.

Those look to be all leather. Wouldn't a kydex/leather hybrid be better for a mix of comfort, hold and draw? I am totally ignorant when it comes to holsters so feel free to enlighten me.
kydex will be thinner and smoother draw, plus doesn't hold moisture. love my tulester aiwb with my 43x. with the belt clip it's super easy on and off.

kydex will be thinner and smoother draw, plus doesn't hold moisture. love my tulester aiwb with my 43x. with the belt clip it's super easy on and off.

I'm a "hefty" guy (damn chipotle) so appendix carry is out. My buddy recommended them and Galco.

JM Custom Kydex out of NV. Great guy to deal with. They have a quick ship section now. I’ve been using these for 10 years or more. The IWB version 3 with your choice of belt attachments. All you need and fairly cheap. I carry either a 43x, 43, or 45 in JM all day everyday.

Reactions: CSTactical
Thank you guys for the information, I finally pulled the trigger on a tier 1 echo...5 week lead time unfortunately.

Reactions: Maverick3009
N8 Tactical. I've been a fan before they were were bought and were known as N8 2 for Nate and Nate the 2 owners.

Reactions: CWB4
Thank you guys for the information, I finally pulled the trigger on a tier 1 echo...5 week lead time unfortunately.

Nice choice! I haven't used the echo yet but I've got a couple of T1C Axis Slim's that I love. The lead time is unfortunate but seems like any good holster manufacturer has one. You'll have to let us know how you like it.

I sweat ACID.... I can rust any gun..... Maybe the coffee intake is too high.... who knows...

I like kydex as it does not hold moisture...

I like the comfort of the crossbreed holsters, but the metal clips rust on me... and the one I picked up is slow to draw from....

For $150, your choice is pretty much unlimited...

How do you want to carry the pistol?
Appendix
OWB
IWB
small of Back

What training do you have?
(Shooting oneself is a bad thing... appendix carry makes that even worse...)

Narrow down some of the criteria and maybe we can offer better suggestions.

Crossbreed has a seconds site... blems and returns... It's a cheap way to see if you like their equipment..

I have a lot of Blade-tech... they work for me

Finally got this Echo holster in. So far it feels good while standing, but I have some work to do to get it to feel right while sitting. Retention is really good and I like the ulticlip. Finish is really nice with no flaws.
20200817_165710.jpg
20200817_165701.jpg
20200817_165645.jpg

Check out Neptune Concealment. I have been using their holster for my Glock 43 (also make them for the 43x) for almost 2 years and am very happy with it. They give you some color options too so you can have them make you a somewhat unique holster. Great fit and very simple.

Blue line Llc, excellent holsters, fit and finish are very nice, and they have what they call a fabric clip which is really nice when you don’t wear a belt, he’s just a one man show so the cs is great, and he would probably set the screws a little higher to allow a little deeper concealment to get below the ol muffin top!

Blue line Llc, excellent holsters, fit and finish are very nice, and they have what they call a fabric clip which is really nice when you don’t wear a belt, he’s just a one man show so the cs is great, and he would probably set the screws a little higher to allow a little deeper concealment to get below the ol muffin top!
Ugh that damn muffin top is a killer with this tier 1 holster. I'm probably just going to switch to OWB until I lose a little more weight. Lost 25lbs since may but have more to go.

Ugh that damn muffin top is a killer with this tier 1 holster. I'm probably just going to switch to OWB until I lose a little more weight. Lost 25lbs since may but have more to go.

Look at the N8 Tactical IWB holsters. They have a shield that goes up against you muffin top which makes your draw easier. I bought mine before they were bought out, so their line now isn't the same holster I have, but they look very close.

I’m a fan of the raven concealment vanguard for my G43. It’s not great for training since you need take it off to re-holster. However you can’t get any more low profile and minimalist.

Look at the N8 Tactical IWB holsters. They have a shield that goes up against you muffin top which makes your draw easier. I bought mine before they were bought out, so their line now isn't the same holster I have, but they look very close.

Thanks for the recommendation, ill have to look into that one.

Did you notice the 2 week return policy. Try it for a few days and if you don't like it, you can return it.
I did not but I am glad you mentioned it. The real issue for me is sitting so if it can become comfortable while sitting then I will definitely be a happy customer.

The holster with the largest paddle is the one I have. Don't expect to feel comfortable when you first wear the holster. But after some time you won't feel it there. For me, the large paddle seems to keep my fat out of the way and makes drawing a much easier task than any other. BTW, I use mine to hold a Glock 26 in the summertime and a Glock 19 iin the winter. Also, I have the holster with the plastic. I find this also aids in the smooth drawing of the firearm.

Again, don't judge any holster for the first few days. It's something hanging off your hip that wasn't there before. It's going to feel strange and possibly uncomfortable at first.

I am planning to conceal carry my 43x (not using the tlr6) after obtaining my CCW but I need a holster. There are a ton of options but I've never bothered with a holster.

My budget is $150 for a IWB holster so if anyone could make a recommendation on a comfortable/durable holster (hybrid?) It would be much appreciated.
A friend of mine carries a 43x and he just uses one of the cheapo kydex holsters. He has used a nice leather iwb holster and switched to the cheap holster because it was easier to attach to his belt and not nearly as cumbersome

I have a glock 26 that I’ve carried in an Alien Gear iwb holster for a while. I like it, it’s pretty comfortable, but it’s cumbersome to attach too. I’ve ordered a micro kydex “holster” from Glockstore that basicallly attaches around the trigger guard. Unfortunately they’re really backed up and it hasn’t shipped yet so I can’t comment on anything yet