• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock Aftermarket Barrel

bornhunter04

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2011
STL, MO
What aftermarket barrels have ya'll had the most luck with in terms of drop-in fit and accuracy improvement? Before and after pics of groups would be great!

I'm shooting a Glock 17.

Re: Glock Aftermarket Barrel

The best Glock barrel is the factory one, with that being said if I needed to change mine I would use a KKM.

I used a Storm Lake barrel to run .357 Sig in my Glock 27. No complaints.

Don't expect an accuracy improvement from an aftermarket barrel. Your money would be much better spent on more ammo.

^^^ yes.

It may be Tactical Tupperware. But all 4 of the Glocks I have either owned or been issued have been dead-nuts accurate at any range I cared to fire them.

Another good investment is a .22 conversion kit. For the cost of 4 - 5 boxes of centerfire ammo, you can get a kit and shoot brick on brick of .22 and get all the benefit of trigger control, sight alignment and muscle memory.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I once had a fitted Bar-Sto barrel for a model 17. You could see the difference. Would I do it again? No.

Unless you can out shoot the factory barrel, spend your money on ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you can out shoot the factory barrel, spend your money on ammo. </div></div>

and 99% of pistol shooters can't so ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you can out shoot the factory barrel, spend your money on ammo. </div></div>

and 99% of pistol shooters can't so ... </div></div>

This is about what i figured. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the feedback.

For not much more than the price of a barrel i could get another case of 9mm.....

I experiment with hot loads.
The original Glock 20 and 22 have barrels with poor case support, and I have changed that.

But the Glock 19 has plenty of case support with the feed ramp only intruding .19" and the 9mm brass web is .16" thick, leaving only .03" of thin unsupported case wall.

Glock's choice of poor case support of the G20 and G22 is hard to understand, because with full support to the web, they still feed hollow points just fine.

My old gen 1 has a Wilson Combat barrel. The gun shoots very well.

There is one thing that a glock barrel cannot do. Becuse of the poly rifleing they dont like lead bullets so.

jacketed bullets = factory barrel

lead bullets = aftermarket

Super duper handloads = aftermarket barrel

I have yet to out shoot a factory barrel

I tried a Lone Wolf "Drop in" barrel and had nothing but FTF's. Sent it back and put the factory one back in...

I have a Bar Sto barrel in my Glock. No problems with it handling many different types of ammo. Everything from practice ammo to JHPs. It has many thousand of rounds through it and I considered it money well spent.

I have a kkm for my G20 works great I only shoot my handloads,accuracy did improve some but not a night and day difference,if your stock barrel isnt shooting like it used to try cleaning it with some copper cleaner,I did it to a 9mm glock and it made the groups a good bit smaller,pistol was used when I got it and was very dirty,ymmv