• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock Blue Label Program

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
For those who may not know, an honorable military discharge and a DD214 will get you int the Blue Label Program for all year instead of the few months a year that it was. Blue Label prices are stupid cheap.

Two questions... Where do you sign up and is there a way to order it online? When I did it through GSSF the local LGS kept dropping the ball.

Reactions: Changed
You don't have to sign up. Glock dealers can order Blue Box Glocks which are essentially for LE and Mil. If its a 'police supply' FFL, like our local place is, they usually have a good supply on hand. Active, retired, police and .mil qualify. And, yes, stupid cheap is a good way to put it.

Glock REALLY takes care of folks in uniform.

Sirhr

Glock recognized, well before any other manufacturer, that the real pistol buying power in the US is the civilian consumer. The best way to get the civilian to buy a pistol was to get the police to carry it. This is why Glock "takes care of" the police...

Here is the kicker, the dealer can charge higher then what glock recommends. Do your research, not every glock rep is a blue label dealer. If you live near fort Walton beach Fl I can recommend a shop that gets several blue labels.
also glock has limits its blue label production.

there is a filter to isolate LE distributors

Blue Label reach back to 1867 what a fine year it was .
to the Nose: Cola, bitter cocoa, cedar wood shavings, roasted coffee beans, brown sugar, almond milk, subtle leather and very light tobacco smoke.

to the Palate: Sweet, subtle, and appropriately luxurious. Wisps of peat smoke, hints of charred oak, rich vanilla cream, sweet chili pepper flake, bittersweet chocolate. Blue Label transitions into the finish like cotton candy melting in the mouth: almost imperceptible from mid-palate through the lingering notes of caramel, cocoa, peat, and cinnamon. The burn is almost non-existent, but very satisfyingly so. Nothing feels like it is muted or missing. Cigar smoke arrives late in the finish.
Blue Label is a legend in its own right and will continue to be.

You don't have to sign up. Glock dealers can order Blue Box Glocks which are essentially for LE and Mil. If its a 'police supply' FFL, like our local place is, they usually have a good supply on hand. Active, retired, police and .mil qualify. And, yes, stupid cheap is a good way to put it.

Glock REALLY takes care of folks in uniform.

Sirhr
You go to a Blue Label dealer, show them a copy of your DD214. That's it. The only stipulation is that you can only purchase two a year.
I just ordered a Gen4 G23 for $369 +tax, no transfer fee. That's better than stupid cheap.

Can you get something nice, or is this just for glock handguns?

Reactions: CraigT
Just attempted a Blue Label purchase at a local dealer and got denied. New counter guy says that Glock only opens up the Blue Label deal for vets from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Although I have receipts for two Blue Label purchases from April and October.... So I'll go back when the normal staff is back.

Glocks website has no monthly range stipulation fwiw. https://us.glock.com/en/BUY/Blue-Label-Program

The only stipulation is, if you use a DD214 for a blue label purchase, it can not be done at Glock, it has to go through a dealer. Other than that, there are no other restrictions other than two purchases a year.
I would direct your dealer's idiot employee to the Glock website.

Thats what I thought, this is the first time anyone has ever bucked on me when purchasing Blue Label. Most shops don't even keep track if you've bought two within the year either.

The store probably tracks it because they send a copy of the DD214 to Glock with the paperwork.

I just walked out of the store with mine. Gen5 G22 and two boxes of Federal Hydro-Shok for $494.

If you do not have access from service, you can also join GSSF (has to be a multi-year) to get a blue label certificate. Costs are a little higher - like $40 than straight up blue label, but you can go to a blue label dealer with a certificate from gssf.

Has anyone tried with a veteran ID card that's taking the place of the DD214? I got my card when they opened all of the us parks for free to vets.

My place said you had to be designated as a veteran on your drivers license or carry permit or have a copy of your DD214.

Im just curious. The vet ID card is gov issued and has your picture on it. I hadn't even heard of it till I started researching it when it was mentioned in a news article.

If you are honorably discharged, your DD214 documents that, If you are retired military, you actually have photo ID.

You do want your gun to actually work and last for a couple hundred thousands rounds don't you.
Lol
tenor (9).gif

Reactions: DannC
If you are honorably discharged, your DD214 documents that, If you are retired military, you actually have photo ID.

I have paper DD214s. But they now offer a veteran ID card that has a photo. I didn't know about it. It's similar to the VA cards and is supposed to be in lieu of a DD214.

^^^ When did Glock start using KKM barrels?

Its known that lead builds up because of the type of "hexagonal" rifling they use. Any mechanical device will eventually fail unless maintained. I bet my life on factory Glocks. Unmodified and maintained, they work.

^^^ When did Glock start using KKM barrels?

Its known that lead builds up because of the type of "hexagonal" rifling they use. Any mechanical device will eventually fail unless maintained. I bet my life on factory Glocks. Unmodified and maintained, they work.
Lighten up bro, just havin' some fun here.

I was told by a dealer yesterday that the blue label Glocks could be bought by any current EMS??? Never heard that one before.
He is correct.

A factory Glock can be blown up by bad ammo just like any other gun. That's an aftermarket barrel and I'd bet hot load also.

So, just confirmed through the internal Glock website that:

GBL program was only temporarily opened up to veterans (from Memorial Day until Veterans Day) last year. It has since expired.

First responders, military (Reserves and Active Duty), retired military (with retired ID) and LE are still eligible.