• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns glock carbines...

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
picking up a 19 soon and was looking at toys and remembered the carbine kids they started making a few years back.. I am looking at the one of CAA called the roni and was wondering if anyone knows a place to get a 16" barrel to make this legal.

I found a place that makes a 16: barrel shroud but I am not sure that complies. so can anyone give some information.

Re: glock carbines...

Why would the carbine kit make it illegal?
I assume it is still registered as a pistol, just with accessories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Defusion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would the carbine kit make it illegal?
I assume it is still registered as a pistol, just with accessories. </div></div>
Because if it has a stock on it and you utilize your pistol frame it makes it a short barreled weapon which requires paperwork on this side of the pond.

I have one of these http://www.mechtechsys.com/ for my G20. Works very well. Have the AR stock and quad rail on mine with a PA reddot. Have to finish sighting it in. Did not have any paper work or forms to fill out.

indeed although i have seen people say that it counts as accessories but I'm not going to show up at the range and test that theory. lol

but i am pretty sure that even if its a pistol frame with a 16" barrel I would be ok or at least be able to slide out of it as i am complying with the law... right.

thanks simmy. I was looking at those as well. and i just don't like the looks and ergos of it. not bashing it as a system just not my spot of tea.

If your looking for a dedicated carbine... Might want to search out a couple:

Keltec .40 or 9m..

Just Right Cabine (JRC) in several glock mag configurations and a very neat weapon.

Kriss Super V WILL have a 9mm and 40 out this year (rumor has it)

Couple other companies offer AR15 style Glock Mag compatible guns.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Sig Sauer just came out with their ACR system. I believe I read that it can adjust to fit other pistols, not just Sigs.

I have the Keltec folding carbine in 9mm. I have to say it is very fun, has some cool-factor, shoots very well, esp with the Aimpoint on it. BUT, I must say, money would have been better spent on a 9mm upper for my AR. I can outshoot that Keltec with my AR (in .223) all the way around, close, far, fast, fast and close, whatever. The carbine feels fast but it doesn't stand a chance against the AR when put on the clock or for score. Now I believe an AR with a 9mm upper would really fly and utilize the cheaper ammo.
And, frankly, I've scored very close in speed on steel with my XDsc when shot for time back to back with the carbine. Outside of the fun-factor, my carbine has limited application.

Not to object to your carbine conversion because it will be a lot of fun.

Have had lots of issues with the roni. The taser reps sold our local SO 7 of these and they were all problematic just as I warned them they would be. So far the one we have had the best luck with is the mako kpos.