• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns glock comp sights

Re: glock comp sights

yes i have the sevigny carrys on my carry glock. Plain rear and fiber front

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaykayyy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i have the sevigny carrys on my carry glock. Plain rear and fiber front </div></div>

Little off track here, but how do you like the fiber's compared to say tritium front sights?

A narrower front sight will certainly help with the longer shots. Glocks stock front sight is designed for up close and personal sight acquisition.

If you want other options, or are unsure, check them out in person. I reviewed two sets in the post below.

Glock Sights Thread

I like the Sevigny, but I found that the HD night sights are just as bright in the daylight, and added benefit if you do low light or no light in competition.

Just an option, and my .02.

Good luck!

Fiber front for sure on competition guns. The Sevigny sights or Dawson are what I like.

I put Dawson Precision on my 34. I like them alot. Got the fixed .125" width rear and the .205" high .105" wide fiber optic front. Good for quick shooting like IDPA.

DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1117-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaykayyy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i have the sevigny carrys on my carry glock. Plain rear and fiber front </div></div>

Little off track here, but how do you like the fiber's compared to say tritium front sights?</div></div>
I have night sights on my usp, and the fiber on my glock. For me the fiber is much faster, i just got another glock with tritium sights on it and ill try em for a while but i have a feeling im going to get another set of sevignys. Or maybe the heinie ledge rear sight and warren tac/sevigny fiber front sight

I use painted front sights instead of FO's, but the Sevigny is a solid option.

I used to use the Warren Tactical's (very similar), but now use the AmeriGlo Defoors.

FO's kill my ability to shoot precision (use the top edge of the front post) so I stay away. For most competitive action shooting, the level of precision I'm talking about isn't a problem with these sights. On 8" scoring zones inside of 25 yards, you need to snatch the trigger to toss a shot out of the A-zone.

I run the Heinie straight 8 QWIKs and love them. Very similar to Sevigny's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put Dawson Precision on my 34. I like them alot. Got the fixed .125" width rear and the .205" high .105" wide fiber optic front. Good for quick shooting like IDPA.

DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1117-1.jpg
</div></div>

This is exactly the picture i was hoping to see! Looks good to me, this is probably the route i'll go. Now next question, how do you guys install your rear sights? Do you use the special $100 tool or just use a punch and drive it in like iron sights on a rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are mine Warrens Comps I put on last night. Sorry took the photos with my phone.

2012-02-14103628.jpg

2012-02-14103508.jpg
</div></div>

I have these, vast improvement over stock sights.

I like the Warren tactical sights w/small-fiber front for a straight game gun. For a carry/game-gun I now run an ameriglo combo similar to the defoor set, with the the thinnest front white surrounded night sight available and the bigger notch w/dim no-white-outline rear dots, works similar to the warren sets, just got the glow dots for lowlight.

I put an XS big dot on the front, and a standard meprolight Glock nitesite in the back...but, I used a 7/32" round file to file out the rear notch into a half circle.

Overall, it's a good setup. Very fast sight picture and acquisition. Precision shots are totally possible, but I find a headshot at 25 yards to be mire difficult than typical combat patridge sights. A-zone hits at typical IDPA distances are no problem.

[/quote]

Now next question, how do you guys install your rear sights? Do you use the special $100 tool or just use a punch and drive it in like iron sights on a rifle?[/quote]

My Sevigny's would have been a huge pain had I not already had an MGW sight pusher.

The Dawson Precision sights come with the punch tool for the rear and the small removal tool for the front sight.

They also have a pretty good video on how to use the tools on their youtube page

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4maCQhEIjoA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4maCQhEIjoA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dawson Precision sights come with the punch tool for the rear and the small removal tool for the front sight.

They also have a pretty good video on how to use the tools on their youtube page

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4maCQhEIjoA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4maCQhEIjoA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

</div></div>

Excellent! Thanks for the video link, i can do that!

Sevigny Competition is what I prefer after trying most sights. Just better visually for me.