• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock frame work

Metal Gear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2014
Ohio
After practicing on several polymer magazines, and AR15 A2 grips, I finally got the confidence and motivation to perform some frame work on my gen 3 Glock 19. I have felt and seen some excellent work done on Glock frames, and for the longest time I have wanted to do one on one of my pistols. Finally this past weekend after having a huge breakfast I decided it was time!

What I wanted done to my G19 was finger groove removal, grip reduction, trigger guard undercut, and a nice semi aggressive stippled texture.... So, I got my trusty dremel out and put a fresh sanding wheel on it and then went to work. Within the first few minutes I felt as if I was making a mistake and should take it to the "pro's" to get what I wanted done. Eventually that feeling turned into more of a "screw it, too late to go back now".

After probably a good 2 hours of nothing but sanding with the dremel and some sandpaper, I think I finally had it where I wanted it before applying the tedious stippling. Throughout the whole process I tried my best to take my time and just be as careful as possible and paying attention to detail. I think it took roughly 6 hours for me to get everything done. To those that have not done this but are thinking about doing it, I just want to say go for it!!! With a little practice, and patience while doing the work, you can do a very good job yourself and not have to pay a lot of money for someone else to do it for you. My biggest advice is to take frequent breaks and just take your time with the whole process.

Here are the before, during, and after pictures of my Glock 19. It turned out better than I imagined, and feels great in the hand! Let me know what you guys think...

Looks good bud.

One thing I've learned after doing six, never try to make straight lines or follow a pattern that can't be held consistent. Randomness (while staying in your chosen blue printed area) shows no pattern and blends in much better.

Came out good, I've been thinking about trying this on my old duty pistol. How does it feel with the relief you cut in the trigger area?

Looks good bud.

One thing I've learned after doing six, never try to make straight lines or follow a pattern that can't be held consistent. Randomness (while staying in your chosen blue printed area) shows no pattern and blends in much better.

What is long term durability been like in you're experience? This thread and a few others I've looked at elsewhere have really made me want to take a crack at this.

Nice job. I just picked up a cheap trade in for a project gun. I'll play with it soon.

Came out good, I've been thinking about trying this on my old duty pistol. How does it feel with the relief you cut in the trigger area?

Go for it! I couldn't be happer with the results after finally going through with it. Doing the relief cut underneath the trigger guard and also taking a bit of material off from the beaver tail area definitely helped a bit with allowing me to have a higher grip on the pistol. After holding it, and holding my G17 that has the factory frame, it is night and day difference in terms of a better feel. I have medium sized hands so the overall grip reduction makes the Glock feel much better in my hand, I now barely have to adjust my grip to engage the mag release. Adding the Vickers Tactial mag release to it should make it to where I don't have to adjust my shooting grip at all to release the mag.

What is long term durability been like in you're experience? This thread and a few others I've looked at elsewhere have really made me want to take a crack at this.

Durability is great (little to no wear issues). I don't own a glock without the said undercut and my preferred texture done to it. I marry up to my Glocks much better due to the reference points (under cut allows for a high purchase from the holster and texetured thumb pad for my aggressive thumb forwards grip).

To each his own, but I find a glock modified to my likings uncompromising.

Go for it. It's a lot of fun and very rewarding once finished.

every glock ive ever owned(including duty guns) have all been sent to robar for grip reduction, texturing, triggerguard undercut, and beavertail...they just dont feel right to me without the grip work

bench

Would absolutely LOVE to have some work like that done to my XDs! Great job man that came out looking really good.

I never thought about doing that to my XD-S... Damn. I would like to see a xd-s done.

i have all my XDm's stippled..fullsize and compact...i love the XDm..but my only bitch about them has been that the factory grips get slick really fast....especially here in this Texas heat...

bench

I did my carry gun a glock 36 and love it. The only thing I don't like is for summer carry with a ISWB the checkering rubs my side a little raw by the end of the day. It gave me an excuse to by a second carry that I use for summer carry.

couple I just did...

5b34i8.jpg

2v99qg8.jpg

2you7fs.jpg

Last edited:
Very very nice. Been thinking about trying this, just need some motivation.