• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock gen 4 release

htorano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Puerto Rico
Does anybody know when Glock is planning to release more of the gen 4 models? So far, Ive only seen the G17 and the G22

Re: Glock gen 4 release

I've seen GEN4 G19 and G31, Not sure what other models are shipping right now.

The new G19 is really nice, got to play with one last weekend. Hopefully
all models will hit the stores soon...

Gen 4? What's all the hoopla about? I might pay more attention if pre gen4 mags were interchangeable, but they're not. I think Glock is trying to listen to their customeers (at least a little). I wont be buying any gen4s but I did just order a gen 3 G31.
wink.gif

wonder if the gen 4 mags work in gen 3 guns

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wonder if the gen 4 mags work in gen 3 guns </div></div>

The gen 4 will work in gen 3 but not vice versa.

well the gen 4 mag release sure is nice. wish they would of put some front serrations on the gun and made that new recoil spring ...well the guide rod outta metal.

Other than the frame texture and the new mag release, the Gen 4's are a step backwards compared to the Gen 3's, IMHO....
Why mess with something that worked so well??

yeah the new recoil rod setup while reduces felt recoil somewhat seems to be under engineered from what I've seen.

The back strap setup is kinda weak as well.

I had and sold a Gen 4 17..... for the first 1000 rds, even +p was just dribbling out of the ejection port, slide velocities so high that older, but fully functional in Gen 3, mags would cause FTF.
Reports of catastrophic spring failures.... etc.
A double recoil spring assembly will never be as reliable as a single, and, they screwed up the spring rate on the 17 to fix the G22. Sad... Really sad.
I know they have a lighter spring assembly out now, but still.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wonder if the gen 4 mags work in gen 3 guns </div></div>

The gen 4 will work in gen 3 but not vice versa. </div></div>

What kind of problems are people having using the older mags in a gen4?
I have a gen4 and 8 old mags that all work well.

Can anyone comment on how big the size difference is on the Gen 4 Glock 19 to the Gen 3? I'm seriously considering getting a 4 and wondering if the trigger reach is shorter on it, my fingers are a tad bit too stubby to get 90 degree trigger engagement on a Gen3 G19 while using a proper grip.

The slightly tired mag springs in my Gen 3 mags were incompatible with the super high slide speeds of the new Gen 4 recoil spring. The Gen 4's with the original weight recoil spring assembly exhibited all of the classic symptoms of a too stiff recoil spring. I had shell casings dribbling out across my knuckles.... For the record, I have been shooting 17's since the mid-80's.... But, I haven't aged a bit.......
frown.gif

Cant find anywhere where there is a difference in the magazines that is enough to make a Gen 3 or even the old non-drop free mags incompatible with the gen 4 glocks. Matter of fact just for giggles went to GT distributers website and you cant even choose between gen 3 and gen 4 mags. Just generic glock mags. called em and they advised they are one in the same and will work in all long as its for same model, caliber, etc....
IMO Glock is kinda playing catch up ball with Springfield, smith, H&k and some others in pistol design far as the backstraps etc go.
I carry a Gen 3 Glock 22RTF. They definately did a good job with the new frame texture and the RTF frames do feel a hair smaller in my hand. I put a 22lb recoil spring from wolf I believe and a glockmeister captured stainless guide rod in it. Runs like a top. Very snappy, with 0 failures. Ever. Just like all my other Glocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone comment on how big the size difference is on the Gen 4 Glock 19 to the Gen 3? I'm seriously considering getting a 4 and wondering if the trigger reach is shorter on it, my fingers are a tad bit too stubby to get 90 degree trigger engagement on a Gen3 G19 while using a proper grip. </div></div>

as far as I know the Medium backstrap brings the gen 4 back to the same size as the gen 3's.. comparing both the gen 3 and the gen 4 side by side I can tell a difference in the width of the grip also. it may be a small difference but still feels smaller..

and all mags should interchange unless you have the mag release set up for a left hand shooter.. I will try to post pics tonight

I recently got a 17 Gen 4 for T&E
it's got the updated version 2 recoil spring assembly
zero issues so far and I like the grip better

I am really anxious to get the 19 in

SPR1, I agree the Gen 3's are good guns, but the rail mounted light problems with the 22 made change necessary, also to be honest the XD and M&P's are giving them a run for their money. I like the changes made to the grip of my new 22 and the fact I can run a rail mounted light on it and not worry about it, although with my 17 I never had a problem. Going back to the questioned posed I know that most models are avialable now in Gen 4 config, and that the 21 and 30 will be out early next year. Sickeness I personally think the trigger is closer to reach on the Gen 4 guns to answer your question.

MJH, agreed on the 22..... The bean counters there at Glock won out though and they carried forward the spring/frame commonality desire to the detriment of a gun that worked. A gen 3 17 with the adjustable backstrap and the great new texture would have kept a lot of people happy.