• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock Gen4 9mm's

fred650

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2010
SW Idaho
It's now April 2014, about four years since Glock Gen 4 9mm's were released.

Has a definitive solution to Glock Gen 4 9mm brass to face issue been found? I search all over the internet and all I can find is back and forth as well as threads where the user having the issues never came back.

What I'm looking for are definitive answers, you'd think that by now, four years after the issue arose, there would be a simple guide to solving the problem like replace X part and X part and problem solved. I find myself digging through large threads with no clear solutions in sight.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have one with the latest extractor and ejector and it runs like a sewing machine. Not a single piece of brass to the face and the same ejection pattern no matter the ammo used.

I have three gen 4's dating from two years old to a few months and all of them are flawless. I think the problem has been solved for a long time and the hate you hear is from the anti glock idiots that are trying to find a way to make themselves feel better for spending twice as much money on an inferior pistol lol.

I've got over 6,000 rounds through my Gen4 17, without a hiccup. I've put over 2,000 through it in 2 days without a cleaning, not one malfunction.

Have two Gen4 19s with over 3000 rds thru each w/o a hiccup. They are rarely cleaned, NEVER malfunction and maintain their accuracy. Think the ejector problems were solved long ago.

If you get an older gen 4, make sure it has the newer 30274 ejector. I had the old one in my 34, and would constantly have issues with ejection. Got the updated one, and no issues in 10k rounds. I think all the late model gen 4's have the updated ejector.

If you get an older gen 4, make sure it has the newer 30274 ejector. I had the old one in my 34, and would constantly have issues with ejection. Got the updated one, and no issues in 10k rounds. I think all the late model gen 4's have the updated ejector.

There were many many Gen 4 9mm Glocks that had the 30274 Ejector that were still jamming and throwing Brass Erratically.

I have 2300+ rounds through mine ... Haven't had the issues. When I bought mine a year and a half ago, I was told that problem was fixed already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So were the Glock 19 Gen4s in 9mm the most affected pistols? I've come across several people online who own G19 G4's who have replaced the 336 ejector with the 30274, got the latest RSA and put in an APEX extractor and still seem to have issues.

It appears that the vast majority of the G17's that were affected eventually found a fix? I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I have Gen 4's in 34, 17, and 19, all of which run fine. The 34 was purchased early in the Gen 4 cycle and also has the most rounds through it with no problems encountered.

g17 gen 4 3000+ rounds only cleaned 1 time no problem at all

g19 gen 4 6-700 rounds perfecly

g26 gen4 200-250 rounds perfecly

i think your good to go :p

I have a gen 4 17 and 19. They work with everything I feed them and have never thrown brass in my face.

The internet makes things sound a lot worse than they are.

People don't get online and talk about how great there guns run. Of course any manufacture is going to have an issue here or there but how many Glocks are out there?

We use them at work and guys seem to have no complaints. This is a pool of guys with a wide variety of backgrounds and shooting levels. To my knowledge there hasn't been any problems at all. You're always going to get the guys who don't like a particular firearm but that's unavoidable. We shoot more than most guys and so far so good.

We use them at work as well, shooting whatever the contracts can provide to qualify. In other words, no real brass consistency one way or another, heck we even got some aluminum case garbage to practice with and it ran ok. Both 19 & 17, no issues to report here.

G17 Gen 4, 25 cent trigger job, lone wolf 3.5 connector, and lone wolf trigger comp spring. Zero issues and my favorite pistol to shoot. No worries my friend!

Picked up a used Gen 4 19 a couple months ago. No issues so far.
My son bought a new one 4 months ago. We get brass to the face with that one.
He hasn't been out to shoot with me since I bought mine, but I want to try my cartridges in his gun and see what happens.

Gen4 G19 is my daily on person carry and a gen4 G17 rides in my EDC pack as well. A couple thousand rounds through both with reloads, factory, shitty and defensive ammo mix. Zero failures of any kind so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current Gen 4 G19 test shot in early 2012 and had horrible ejection that went in every direction and occasional brass that went straight to my face and right eye, I thought about sending it back to Glock as it was not improving after a few range trips. Fortunately my friends over at Apex Tactical Specialties happen to start beta testing on their Fail Resistant Glock Extractor and asked if I wanted one to test out. After an initial problem was corrected with the prototype unit, it ejected the way it was supposed to the majority of time with just an occasional brass over the head. Out of the 11 beta testers, mine was the only one that didn't eject "perfectly" (As perfect as a Glock should right? :cool: ). Now at about 3k plus rounds since I did the testing and now using a production unit, it's beyond consistent enough for me to trust it daily. I've owned five 9mm Gen 4 Glocks since then from late 2012 to about mid 2014 and have not had any problems since then. IMO/E and from information from reputable sources the problem were with both Generation models from some time 2010 to 2012 so the problem was real, but it only affected a small percentage of owners during that period. YMMV

Factory on the left, Prototype on the right:

04f71cab.jpg

8463ecd4.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that my problem Gen 4 G19 did have all the current parts (RSA and 30274 ejector) before I started testing, and the erratic ejection and BTTF happened with various ammo from weak 115gr to 147gr HST +P.

My Gen4 Glock 19 doesn't do anything abnormal. I hate shooting it but it's the perfect size for carry, so I carry it.