• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Glock Grab Gun

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
All firearms should be treated as if loaded at all times. But there are times when one Glock, kept properly locked away but at the ready needs to be easily identified apart from the others not kept "at ready." My thought was to custom engrave the following from the services available at Lone Wolf to quickly make that Glock stand out and be apparent. I must admit it is difficult to even dry fire it, knowing that it is empty, while staring at this message.

No doubt which Glock is the Grab Gun. Swaps out between all models. Cheap.

Re: Glock Grab Gun

Neat idea for striker-fired pistols. My hammer accomplishes the same thing, as do loaded chamber indicators on some other models.

My simple fix is to keep them all loaded unless I am dry firing or cleaning.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My simple fix is to keep them all loaded unless I am dry firing or cleaning.
wink.gif

</div></div>

Exactly, no guessing, treat them all the same..........

My rule of thumb is if it is out of a safe it is loaded. I have a few guns in strategic places in the house and all stay loaded and ready to fire.

Dolomite

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dolomite_Supafly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rule of thumb is if it is out of a safe it is loaded.
Dolomite </div></div>

That is mine also, if a weapon is not in hte safe it is loaded.

12 guage, 38 special - even the BB gun (although it really is NOT loaded it is treated that way).

All your points are well taken. Just an interesting option.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"But there are times when one Glock, kept properly <span style="text-decoration: underline">locked away</span> but at the ready needs to be easily identified apart from the others not kept "at ready." </span>

The idea behind this is to identify for the benefit of myself and <span style="font-style: italic">others</span> that which can be deployed without hesitation as a loaded firearm. Think of it as for the benefit of those that might <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">not</span></span> have been informed what your policy was on the ready state of any particular or collective weapon(s). No guess work.

Cool Idea!

On glocks, I like the chamber clear and the trigger pulled, with a full mag. The wife can know by a glance, it is in safety config and knows the trill to put it into action.

TAP, RACK, SQUEEZ!

To each his own I guess.

Having carried for over 25 years-I am still amazed at the "Is that gun loaded? question.

I was teaching a Police Academy "remedial firearms"class
sick.gif

One student was asked if his weapon was charged. He withdrew it from the holster-pointed it at his face and said yep, I can see the booolet. True story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dolomite_Supafly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rule of thumb is if it is out of a safe it is loaded. I have a few guns in strategic places in the house and all stay loaded and ready to fire.

Dolomite </div></div>

You too!!