• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock grip reduction

redrum007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
North West
Just picked up a Glock 20 and was thinking about a grip reduction. Has anyone done one if so how did it go? Of course pictures would be great.

Robar is a company that I have personally seen thier work and I will send my 21SF to them when I get the cash.

I have a Glock 22 done by Bowie Tactical Concepts. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how to on the new layout.
JMC

I took the hump off the backstrap of a G26 to make the angle more like a 1911. I used instructions online to file the backstrap with epoxy first then shape as desired.

Coldbore Customs did my G27. Just need to send him the frame and in usually less than a week you have it back. He has a few different styles of texture and will customize the grip anyway you like.

Link for Cold Bore Customs

Do it yourself. I know, it's nerv racking cutting on a 5-600$ pistol but its well worth it. I did a g34 recently and it made a big difference. Use Devcon DA290 black to fill in the backstrap and use a Dremel or die grinder to work it down. Go slow and check your progress frequently. Once your done use a soldering iron to a temple it. You can file the point down to get the texture you want. The Devcon acts much like the polymer used in the grip and has a very similar color so it works great. Watch some YouTube videos on it, they show a nice trick with play dough that keeps the epoxy out of the wrong places. A little patience and a couple of hours and you can have it done.

I'll just say Bernz-O-Matic. I had heard of the candle method but never found any videos demonstrating the steps. I fully disassembled....fired up the torch....heated for a few minutes slowly...rolled the backstrap. And continue until you get it down to where you desire.

Will this melt the exiting stippling? Yes
Do you run a risk of altering the magwell? Potentially, I inserted my mag before rolling the shape.
Should you plan on fully stippling the grip? Yes
Does it take a high IQ individual to complete? No

Send me your email and I'll shoot a picture if you are interested.

I'll just say Bernz-O-Matic. I had heard of the candle method but never found any videos demonstrating the steps. I fully disassembled....fired up the torch....heated for a few minutes slowly...rolled the backstrap. And continue until you get it down to where you desire.

Will this melt the exiting stippling? Yes
Do you run a risk of altering the magwell? Potentially, I inserted my mag before rolling the shape.
Should you plan on fully stippling the grip? Yes
Does it take a high IQ individual to complete? No

Send me your email and I'll shoot a picture if you are interested.

This is how I did it. I got the backstrap of my G17 pretty straight with the heat/roll/heat/roll method. I was also careful not to heat the area where the mag goes. Once I got the general shape I wanted I used a microplane to remove the finger bumps and texturing on the front strap, and I took off the now-melted texturing on the back strap. Next, I used some sandpaper to smooth everything out, then I had a buddy stipple it for me. Last, I decided I liked a G19 length grip more so I cut it down to fit the G19 mags.

DSC_0724s.jpg

I simple used a dremel and the soldering iron to retexture. I also cut my 17 off to the 19 Length
Was pretty simple but take your time.