• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Glock Issue

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I have a new, sort of new anyway G19 3rd Gen that I took out today and for some reason it is locking back and it won't let you grip and rip, it keeps the slide locked to the rear. Also during a magazine it locked to back with a round in the magazine, and again, no grip and rip I had to use the slide lock to release the slide .

Anyone see this before ?

Re: Glock Issue

I've never seen that problem before.

Is the spring that holds the slide lock lever down in place? If you pull the slide off of the frame and push up on the slide stop will it snap back down as soon as you release it?

I had the same thing happen when I replaced stuff in the trigger mechanism. Some dumbass, and I wont say his name but his initals are Outsydlooknin75 didnt put it back together properly.

Like was said before, pull the slide off and see if the slide lock will snap pack down, if not then thats the problem.

The spring that pulls the slide stop down has broken or slipped off.

Take the top end off the pistol. Push up on slide stop. It should pop back down under spring pressure.

When the pins are taken out of the frame for disassembly, I would bet the pins were put in incorrectly and the slide stop sprint us above the pin. This keeps it up and makes it hard to disassemble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slide stop is popping up not down </div></div>

That's handy.

You broke a Glock, congrats on doing the near impossible.

Very simple...broken slide stop spring...happens after many rounds, (gone through 3 on work gun), OR...improper reassembly and not putting the top pin in FIRST!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you manage to muckup a Glock??? </div></div>

Didn't know that was even possible!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sthrnstrong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you manage to muckup a Glock??? </div></div>

Didn't know that was even possible! </div></div>

Lol... The guys at RO seem to do the impossible.

it was brand new and not fired so they must have put it together wrong from the start, cause I never took it apart... until I fixed it anyway. Either that or it wasn't that new from the shop ?

Either way it is fixed and back up and running.

Anything made by man can break and have problems. Glocks are not immune. Don't by into the myth. They work great for the most part but they can fail just like any other pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything made by man can break and have problems. Glocks are not immune. Don't by into the myth. They work great for the most part but they can fail just like any other pistol.</div></div>

This is not true. Glocks NEVER fail. Ever. Trust me.

For reals, though, most failures are due to people like me jackin' with them. Glad you got yours ironed out.

someone mentioned a broken slide stop spring,was there any broken parts? or was it put together wrong by Glock?

I would wager that the end of the slide stop spring was not in the right place. Had the same thing happen to me (but it was my fault).

You sure you didnt do a torture test? Toss it off a tower, blow it up with tannerite?

If something has a weakness, Lowlight will find it. He is a master at finding an Achilles Heel.

Doesn't have to be a broken spring. Have seen it a number of times. If you don't put the top pin in place first, when you put the slide catch in place the spring isn't retained in the proper place and ends up pulling the slide catch up into the catch groove in the slide. That is why at armorer's class, they drill you to death on the correct order of installing the takedown pins.