• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock issues with new connector

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
Hey all,

I just installed a new LW 3.5lb connector and extended slide release in my g21sf. I reassembled the pistol and now it won't cock or allow me to remove the slide for dissassembly. I belive I did everything right. Any input?

Thanks

Re: Glock issues with new connector

Also found out the slide release I ordered and installed will not correctly fit a 21sf. Is this the problem?

What do you mean you can't cock the pistol? Slide is locked shut? Or, do you mean you can yank the slide back, but can't pull the trigger?

Sounds like you're going to need to grind/trim the connector.

To disassemble:

Pull slide back, remove the back cap of the slide, remove the striker assembly...slide should now come off like normal.

Is your connector a "no fitting required" model? I've fit the Ghost Rockets to a couple Glocks, but they were advertised as requiring fitting - and they certainly did.

Your pistol will work fine with the OEM connector.

Please describe very clearly what the pistol does after you rack the slide. Is the trigger locked in the forward position? Is it stuck in the rear position? Does it pop forward, and allow you to pull it, but the pistol never dry fires?? Please elaborate!

On a sidenote:

Aftermarket connectors suck. I've tried several, and am absolutely, positively convinced the OEM one is the best. Ultimately, with a Glock, there will always be a tradeoff between a crisp let-off and a light trigger pull. There are aftermarket connectors that reduce the pull weight significantly, but in doing so, they increase the "mush" factor of the let off too. All of the ones I've tried make it almost impossible to feel the difference between the "takeup" in the trigger (which is drawing back the striker), and the letoff.

The trigger would pull back all the way to it's most rearward position, the firing pin just wouldn't drop. I actually managed to break the LW connector after trying to bend it a tad to have it match the factory one. The extended release functions perfectly and the factory connector is working fine. I'll have to see if I can get a replacement. Thanks for all the help!

The connector spring may not have been able to accomodate the aftermarker connector. Some will do that. If your spring and factory connector are still intact, re-install them and see if you get the same malfunction.

Interesting.... I bought a glock minus connector for my 21sf and the damn thing actaully makes the trigger worse...couldnt figure out why. Any ideas?

-T

The 3.5 LB is NOT the hot setup. There is a longer pull, and you don't have that 'crisp' spot to know when its going to break, or for reset.

A 3.5 connector to me makes the triger mushy,changing the striker spring also doesnt help,if your looking for the break like a glass rod Rem 700 trigger,your gonna have to replace the trigger assembly with an aftermarket trigger and at a $100 plus to me isnt worth it,watch some vids on the 25 cent trigger jobs and put your stock parts back in ymmv

Good stuff. Thank you. My goal is to try and get the same trigger feel as my 34 and 35 using Glock parts. Thought the connector was the only difference. What am I missing?
Appreciate it.

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good stuff. Thank you. My goal is to try and get the same trigger feel as my 34 and 35 using Glock parts. Thought the connector was the only difference. What am I missing?
Appreciate it.

-T </div></div>
If you want it to feel like the 34/35...get the GLOCK 3.5 connector. I have a ghost in my g20 but its the no fit model an works fine. But for working with any consistency I've found that the best things to use on Glocks say GLOCK on them or are manufactured by them. EXCEPT for those pos sights they put on'm...ok for "combat" sights but not my fav.

Actually I did buy the Glock 3.5 connector that's what got me stumped.

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Connector spring? There isn't one. </div></div>

That is a problem. There has to be!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justapod</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Connector spring? There isn't one. </div></div>

That is a problem. There has to be!
</div></div>

No. The spring that he is referring too, is the trigger assembly spring located at the rear of the trigger bar. The connector is a drop-in part... no spring.

DK